Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Done...Phew!!with a 248/99:))  

• 0/5

Author28 Posts

Hey guys...what a relief...WHAT A RELIEF!!!

am just so happy that i's over..was smiling to myself in the last block....and was beaming as I walked out of the center!! SUch a good feeling!!!

I just finished a few hours ago and my head is still spinningconfused

And all I wana say for now is..guys...this isn't at all difficult...yeah there are bound to be qs that u won't know or u'll muse over...but its much much better than step 1....easier i should say...or more "graspable" is there such a word???

anyway..gyus just DO UWORLD AGAIN AND AGAIN..its sooooo much like it....and do ALL NBMES...online..offline..whatever....thre are qs exactly the same...only clearer in the real thing..and go and look for the answers to the nbme qs that u don't know and read that topic again from /kln, or ur uw notes or from wherever...just dont do the nbmes and throw them behind ur back,,fine tune ur reading towards the end...direct it at ur weaknesses and at whrer u know ur info is shaky..

i wana thank everyone in this lovely forum..even though i never started a journal, and rarely post..but i always find someone willing to lend a helping hand...just love the spirit of this forumsmiling face

Marvin..thank you for always being a motivation for me and for all of us..and for making me believe in myself whenever i felt shaky.grin.all the best buddy

Digitoxin..thank you for the advice of doing the nbmes..i followed it and happy that i did...all the best with ur result

Neemhakeem..thank you for the links of the nbme forms..God bless

Girlinterrupted, genxraver, zurab...ur notes are GREAT..even though u guys might not be around the forum these days..but the goodness u've spread will last for a looong time

arlete..found ur notes 2 days b4 my exam, but will sure use them for step 3grin

Mao...good luck ..we took the exam in the same day,,,there was someone in the center who took a step (dont know if it was 1 or 2ck)and i thought it might be u..but i guess notsmiling face

Grazie,USMLEGLADIATOR and all the others on this journey..thankyou for making this forum what it is..a place for all the IMGs to come and help one anothersmiling face

and last but not least..thankyou drali189..though am not sure u will ever read this!!! thank you for everything u have done...u will ACE THIS TEST...i knowgrin

OMG..I feel like am saying goodbyeshocked..but i sure as hell am notsmiling face

i will be back with more coherent writing and organised thoughts ab my experience...right now i guess am too tired and tooo excited to have finished this part of the journey!!!

God bless u allsmiling face

congratulations for finishing the exam, I wish u'll be a 99er...good luck

congratttts rfm and wish you a 99...
i have a qs about the exam:how do you compare the lenght of the qs with nbmes and uw qs?are they the same or longer ?and how was it's difiiculty look like compare to nbme and uw?and did you do kaplan q bank ?if yes can you compare the exam with this q bank too?
thanks in advance...

Congrats good ol pal... congratulations for a high 99 in advance... nod

am sooooooooo happy for ya... nod nod nod

enjoy!

congratulations!!!! nod

hey allsmiling face

thanks trendy, marvin and karime..good luck to u

@cortisolh: i would say the nbmes and uw are shorter in lenght, but again the exam had a mix and match...some qs were really long, u ha to scroll down ti finish reading the esp with the labs, others were just 3-4 lines..so i think they are well distibuted within a block.....about difficulty level..they test the same topics and concepts from both nbme and uw..thats why i said do UW..and repeat it...coz once is not enough..my second round with UW benefited me immensely, even though i only managed to get 65% of it done the 2nd time..

and i didnt do kaplan qbank so i cant comment on it..

I think mao decribed the test content so well..and yes u have to have the stamina..i had my red bull and took a short break after each blockgrin sometimes it was as short as 3 minutes,but it was rejuvinating and i felt that each block i was starting was a 1st block, until exhaustion set in towards the end..i think the longest i took was 12 or 13 minutes when i had to go to another nearby block to pray, and i still had 4 minutes left of my break time...so i ate a little each 2 or 3 blocks and sipped at amy red bull starting after the 3rd blockgrin

in the last 3 weeks i took nbme 2 online, read my weaknesses, found a great study partner and we went over the books in around 10days, then in the last 12 or 13days took UWSA and started doing 2 to 3 blocks of UW along with one section of each of nbme 1,3 and 4...and went and looked for answers i didnt know or even the ones that i doubted and read that topic again...last days did my own UW notes..didnt get the time to go over all girl's notes but they are really good..

when u do UW, if u're doing it tutor mode , try to finish each qs in one minute, put a timer next to u and pick an answer b4 it goes off..that will really help u read and decide on an answer fast...and if u're doin it timed then thats ok, but always try to finish it b4 time..u have to manage ur time really well in the exam, but if u're in the habit of reading the 1st line to know age,gender and main complaint and then the last 2 or 3 lines, then going back and quicky reading the rest of the stem,u'll be fine with time, in 2 or 3 blocks the 5 minute alert showed and i had 4 qs left, but i always managed to finish, and the rest of the blocks i had 5 or 6 mins in which i went back and reviewd my marke ones..so go in with the attitude that u will have no problem with time management..

wt else?? oh yeah, psych , i thought , was tricky...u have to read the stem carefully and look for the time frames of the symptoms etc...

and if u're in the habit of highlighting relevant info during ur UW that would also help...then u wouldnt have to look and see..."does he or doesnt he smoke?? how much was her BP??" u know what i mean?? or maybe thats only me (i have a bit of ADHDgrin)

i cant think of anything now..if u have qs i will be happy to answersmiling face

oh yeah, of course , say a prayer b4 u start each block, i actually wrote them on the noteboard they give in the center, and i also wrote on it my dream score, in the same way it appears in the score report and i glanced at it every now and then..nod

Relax guys and try to enjoy even now as u are studying...my performance always suffered when i was tensed, even during studying..so i made sure i was realxed and not rushed in the exam, smiled each time i went out and came in, and i noticed the difference in one block that i was tense,i had to read and re read the stem...so i said to myself...no will not do that again, and in the rest of the blocks i even laid back in my chair at some pointsgrin

bye for now..good luck to all of usmiling face

Well done,iam seeing a 99 over there.

Thanks a lot for posting your experience rfm.

I am sure you must have done very well.May I ask,How much did you score in NBME?

On May 07, 2010 - 12:23 AM, rfm responded:
thanks jasonbourne

i scored 630 which is around 245 in nbme 2...the others didnt bother scoring them coa as i said did them offline..good luck to usmiling face

thanks a lot doc,,,good luck with your score...nod

thanks aseelmom and cortisolh..good lucksmiling face

congratulations rfm.just drop by to check if anyone got results.it must be great relieve for you. it seems you have a shot at 99.good luck.

hey all!! thank God....and thank you all on this lovely forum!! all the best to all the test takerssmiling face

Congratulations smiling facesmiling face

congrats nod

thank you ternglim and ssjasmiling face

simply awesome rfm, a supppperrrr greeeatttt score
wishing you tons of congratulations
enjoy nod

hi rfm..congratulations on the bonking score.smiling face..could you post your nbme scores and timeline

@docalmost

I studied for around 4 months (plus a few days)

The only NBME I did was 2 and got 630 in that.(equivalent to 245)

UWSA 640, (equivalent to 247)...u know, UWSA never failed to correlate so accurately for me..even in step 1 nod

congaratulation...
could you please tell me ehat percent did you answere correct in nbme offlines?

On May 28, 2010 - 9:41 PM, rfm responded:
i really didnt bother scoring the NBMEs that i did offline, i even did them bit by bit...meaning I did a block per day, using them more to pin point what i didnt know well, and even doing them with my brother in law just to get more knowledgesmiling face

hey really great score....
Congrates..!!!

Can u tell me for getting 99 how much one should get correct per 44 questions block?

On May 29, 2010 - 6:04 AM, rfm responded:
hey great02...am not really sure...but if i remember correctly from my UWSA (on which I got a 247) those 4 blocks that i did ranged between 70s% to 80s%...i think that in even one UWSA block i got 68%confused...if u do UWSA then u can see how many u got right and the percentage and i guess u can guage from there,,,hope i answered ur qs!!! Good luck..

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

experience: step1 245/99, CK 248/99, CS
done with exam yesterday... phew!!
237/98 done done done!
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact