Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Is it just me or phys is hard?  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

I just started reading from Kaplan physiology and I'm having a hard time with it.. It takes me so much time to understand the concepts!
Did you have the same problem at the beginning or is it just me?
Do you think that I should get the videos? Or maybe read from BRS also?
Thanks!

Hi, are u looking for a SP for physio as i am, i have heard that videos are quiet helpful .
If u are interested my skype is binaqureshi
we can go thru it individually and then discuss it online,thanks

It's just you

Kaplans are review books for those .. who have generally thorough understanding over major concepts...

They are just simple lecture notes .. They arent teaching you Basic medical sciences. They are helpin you review it

If you having a hard time, its time to open BRS Physio .. something simpler , just to get a core knowledge first
and then go for Kaplan after reading it

jekuter wrote:
Kaplans are review books for those .. who have generally thorough understanding over major concepts... They are just simple lecture notes .. They arent teaching you Basic medical sciences. They are helpin you review it If you having a hard time, its time to open BRS Physio .. something simpler , just to get a core knowledge first and then go for Kaplan after reading it

jekuter stole my thunder! Many IMG think Kaplan is the answer for every thing but it's not. You have to have a basic understanding to understand Kaplan or any other review material, and that is why they call it a Kaplan "Review"...

On a serious note, physiology can be challenging at times, especially with the graphs because it's not visual learning compare to anatomy.

If any one wants to discuss CVS physiology, I am herecool

I totally agree with your views on Physio Kaplan. Its is just a luandry kist of facts that don't really explain much.

he videos did make things clearer but no where clear enough.
My problem was solved with this book by Linda S.Costanzo( the same author of BRS) but this is a more comprehensive one and gos into explanations.

I serioulsy suggest you use that but also peruse thru the kaplan notes to pick out finer things it may not have emhpsized on.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Uzaq part-time iş
bir köpek ve bir iş istiyorum
Riske dayalı iş
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact