Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Overall Step one advice  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

This is what experience 5 times has taught me ( Passed in Feb 2010)

Its a tough test

Questions have answers but usually 2, you have to know enough to know which one ( details)

Recognition will not help you pass as much as understanding mechanisms (Goljan tells us this too)

Most feel they failed after the test

PHD's write the Questions not Doctors in most cases so the clinical is limited and the real life use of the drugs and mechanisms will be twisted at times.

Set your mind on concepts not real life medicine. There will be fake illnesses and unusual uses for drugs since you are to answer in a way of concept not real life.

Kaplan is gold Get most recent books and videos better to take live course.

Q banks are a must and at least 3 months worth

FA IS REVIEW ONLY not main source

NBME online assessment is a must at least one but 3 are better for how well you are doing.

any other materials are optional and should be used sparingly or look at this way, do you know and understand all the Kaplan books yet?

Lastly time, take the needed time, if you are not getting step one questions correct at least at 70% you are not ready yet take the time to get there!

What I posted before I passed the 5th time? Well some of it forget I was wrong some of the time because I was lost but now I found my way, and If I did not suffer test anxiety I know I would of done better.nod

if someone get low score, can he/she appear for second time?

what is minimum interval of exam?

Yes you can take it as many times as you want to pass but there are states that require you to pass within 3 times then the rest will be 10 times for all 3 steps (Some states are unlimited but practically that will not be true)

You can take a step exam 3 times in one year.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Step 1.. overall
overall uw is 62
She then became the first overall
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact