Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

ccs question  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

a quick question

when we order consult and software asks for reason....
like in AAA repair do we have to tell reparir of AAA or just suspected AAA rupture?

i mean what we write in reasoning changes the further response of software or it will respond same whether u write any of the above

like in ovarian Ca patient /..,, i ordered surgical onco consult but UW said no surgical management continue with medical
but still we order laprotomy

should we order procedure after software accepts to do surgery /along with consult?

q 1: write -- suspected 'condition name' ,Please evaluate and manage

that will cover everything

i really doubt if our reason for consult changes how the case proceeds further. but then,just write the above reason,that will put the ball in the consultant's court and its upto them to decide what to do further

q 2: this is interesting. i dont remember coming across this message in UW in that case. did u order the other routine procedures like imaging before ordering the consultation or did u order the consult as soon as u admitted the pt? i think if it says 'no surgical management, continue with medical' we should do only the latter. i personally think it would be best to order the procedure only when surgery consult it accepted. but then i wonder what medical management can be done in such a case.......

yes similar was the case in endarterecomy case....pt was not accepted ....
can there be a problem in software?

i order consult after i get result of suspected diagnostic test like abd USG in above case

thanks ripplefire

problem is that it has been 2 months since i last saw UW CCS,so i dont remember very well what happened in each case. i am not 100% sure that i faced similar problems in these 2 cases. but i doubt that its a software problem. just try changing yr orders a bit. see what UW explanation is for these cases. see if they order the procedure in the explanation. that should give u an idea about how to proceed further.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Sahers CCS or UW CCS???
CCS Question
ITP send home (CCS newbe question)
show Related resources

Conrad Fischer's Internal Medicine Question Book
Blueprints CCS Review
Dr.Red's Step III Reviews and CCS Workshop

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact