Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Real exam vs UW Qbank  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

If you had used UW Qbank(MCQs) and finised the real exam, could you give me your impression as to the difference betweein the two, in terms of
1)Question Length, 2)Difficulty, and 3)Anything elsse.

I am especially worried about the time management, since I barely fisnih 48 questions from UW Qbank in time and sometimes I leave 1-3questions when time is up.
I hear Kaplan Qs are longer than those from UW, and am wondering if the real exam is closer to which one.

Thanks so much for your advice!

in my opinion,UW is quite close to real exam. i havent used the Kaplan QBank but i have used the Kaplan QBook for step 3 and the qs do seem a bit longer than UW. but sometimes such long questions can come in real exam. difficulty level is same as UW. even most of Kaplan qs are not that difficult. infact i was able to learn a lot of new concepts from Kaplan. they seem to be long and when we see such long qs,we somehow automatically assume that they will be tough ,add to that the time factor and we make a mess of things ourselves even though we might be able to figure them out if we thought of them with a cool brain. that said,time management does become a bit of problem in real exam. when i was giving mine, sometimes i found myself going comfortably with sufficient time but then a weird q came right towards the end and that made a mess of time management. i didnt miss out on any qs,but its quite scary in real exam when u have 10 mins left and 10 qs to do in that time. so dont ever let yr guard down.

thank yousmiling face

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

NBME vs REAL EXAM vs UW
kaplan qbank Vs. Real score ?
Score - qbank Vs. real test
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank
Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact