Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Beating step 2 ck scores!!  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Hey guys! ….First, I’d like to apologize for my poor English. I’m an IMG from Thailand. I took step2ck in Sept 2009, after preparing for 4 months. This web has helped me a lot, so I need to share it back to you all.

My score is 261/99, not so high (…like 270+, don’t u think they are a monster?) …I think it’s OK, that’s enough for me.

Now, This is the point that I want to say.
U world is the most recommended preparing stuff here, but I haven’t seen any topic talking about how to use it wisely. For me, after finish watching Kaplan DVD and reading Kaplan’s books, I paid for 1-month period of Uworld before the exam. What I’ve done are…

1. For self evaluating, I ‘ve done the 8 block-exam (all subjects,46 Q/block/1 hour…like the real exam). It’s better to be more than 68 percentile if u want 99 (from my own re search). If not, don’t be disappointed….follow me.

2. Generate the other 8 block-exam and left it there, it will be done later.

3. Then , complete the exam subject by subject. Read all the explanations and jot down what u don’t know or highlight it by mouse and do a flag mark so u can reread them again. Also read in Kaplan book in the point that u don’t remember. Focus on ur weak part.

4. Then, retake the 8 block-exam that u ‘ve created before and see whether there’s improvement.e real

5. Last week, read all the lines u have highlighted in Kaplan books quickly. This period is very important! Some forgotten information would be absorbed into ur brain quickly.

6. If u have plenty of time, u can read the marked questions in uworld again. (I haven’t done this, but I wish I could!)

First, my preventive medicine score was 30% (T.T) I used this method and the real USMLE result shown that this was one of my best subject…wow!!

P.S. : From my experience, the U world’s score was very accurate. It’s also really reflected my weakness and strength. The performance graph for each subject in uworld and USMLE was very similar! (except preventive that I’ve put my effort )
Nothing to say more. Hope this would be useful.

viroid ,we are so happy for u. this is an awsome score ,but u posted in the wrong place, this is the cs exam experience,ok.

ooooopppsss! sorry. that was a big mistake ha ha ha!

LOL

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Beating step 2 ck scores!!
Beating the Slots Online
Beating the Slots Online
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact