Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

plagiarism doubt??  

• 0/5

Author5 Posts

Just for further clarification.. suppose a person writes some historical facts in his/her personal statement will that amount to plagiarism??

i dont think it will.. but just need clarifications from the seniors here

Thank you

Copying your PS or portions of your PS is plagiarism. Reference to an event in your own words is not.

www.aamc.org/students/eras/...integrityinvestigation.htm

Thank you bbb

So its better not to read any PS's before writing your own as something might stick in your brain....

How long should it be? One page? Two pages? 500 words...Never wrote PS before....

Shall we put interest in fellowships in PS or not?! I mean if interest in one particular area was very important during our career , shall I put that in PS or avoid? Maybe if I apply to some community programs without fellowship they will disregard my application authomatically?!

Not sure. Anybody?

Thanks!

ms2009 wrote:
So its better not to read any PS's before writing your own as something might stick in your brain....

How long should it be? One page? Two pages? 500 words...Never wrote PS before....

Shall we put interest in fellowships in PS or not?! I mean if interest in one particular area was very important during our career , shall I put that in PS or avoid? Maybe if I apply to some community programs without fellowship they will disregard my application authomatically?!

Not sure. Anybody?

Thanks!

I dont remember exactly but i think i read somewhere that the Personal statement should be max 800 words preferably within 1 page as pds dont have time to go over each and every line

Regarding fellowship if ur sure of which fellowship you wanna do and the program ur applying to has fellowship opportunities then go ahead.wats the hassle??

any more takes on this??

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Plagiarism??
P4U plagiarism!!? Moderators pl see
PS Plagiarism Panic in Public
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact