Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

urgent answers needed...  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

Hi guys...

Had two questions for you... 1. I keep reading that usmle world ccs cases are all you need to practice or know for the real exam. I just purchased it now and there are only 47 cases. Why is everyone talking about 80 some cases??

2) second question is this...in usmle world, in overall performance, they give a percentile and a percentage...which one did you guys look at? From the other posts here, it seemed to me like if you get about 50-60%, then you might end up passing. Now is that percentage or percentile that they were talking about??

Prompt replies greatly appreciated.

rema i have the same first question.. der are only 47 cases... i too have no answers... people please reply...

regarding ur second questions... its the percentage that people are generally referring abt..!
when u taking the exam?

If u scoring around 50-60% not ( percentile )u should be able to pass the exam. This is what I am hoping and this is what i have read on the forums, but again u never know until the actual result is out.

47 cases and than u can read on the uworld site the rest of the cases which are not in CCS format but are still there. Look around a little.

regards.

And is anyone of u planning to do UWORLD assessment exam?

Hi rema,

when you launch ccs software...the page shows two sides -one is the interactive software.. 47 cases and the other side shows the readout material 42 cases. Below this it says please click 'step3 ccs material'. You have to click this to have an access to those cases.

Hope this helpssmiling face

Thanks a lot guys for such a quick reply! I am taking it on august 17,18. I am currently doing my third year of residency too so don't get enough time to prepare ...kind of stressing me out a bit. anyway, we'll see what happens.

yeah...i am definetely planning on taking the uw self assessment exam.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

nbme answers urgent
got 1 month. need urgent answers
urgent urgent urgent
show Related resources

Family Medicine (National Medical Series Questions and Answers for Independent Study)
Review of Medical Physiology: Questions With Answers

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact