Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

thank god  

• 0/5

Author39 Posts

hi all,

i got my score today.....258/99.........i am very happy indeed...

i would like to thank all of u in this forum who motivated me to read...

thanks to my great friends...rosario, asmi,anne,karuns, who kept my sprits high till exam...with out u all and god's grace it wouldnot have been possible for me..
thanks all of u ..... i will be happy to reply any of ur doubts..thanks again all of u ... smiling face

Congratulations, That's a very good score! Good luck with step2!

Please tell us how you prepared, how much, how long, and what you used...

congradulations smiling face ,

You made it 8) my hat is off for you ...

All the best for step 2

Hi usmleasr,
Congrats for the greatest possible score that u have got!!! When did you take the exam? I took the exam on 17th may and anxiously waiting for my score.

Yeah..that is the highest score I have ever seen so far...!!!

Congratulations!!!

Alll the best for Step2..

Congragulations,u proved ur best,thats a great score,it would be helpful for us if u could tell us a little ab'r ur preparations,especially ab't revising,questions,what to do in in the last week before the exam.

all the best for step 2 and ur future.

Congratulations . Please i want you to answer my questios indetail please please .............

I study from Kaplan 2001 .
I read bioch once and scored 52% in Kaplan QBook , Micro once and scored 60% . Is it satisfactory ?
I do not want to use any other Q other than Kaplan QBook 2001 (850q ) .What do you think of that ? Is it necessary to use NMS and Kaplan online ?
I want to use Kaplan Path instead of BRS Path. What do you think about that ? If I use Golgan Path Audio with Kaplan Path , is it enough ? What are the causes of inferiority of Kaplan Path according to some people ?
Please I need your honest answer. I am an IMG .

hi everybody, smiling face
i would like to share my experience in preparation with all of u...
5-6 hrs a day for 5 months excluding week ends was my schedule.
i read kaplan 2001 live lecture notes....listened to goljan lectures..very useful..
i worked out questions from kaplan online q bank and q book thoroughly..I also worked questions from NMS,few from B.S.S.

do as many Qs as possible...that always helps...and last 2 weeks i revised kaplan notes once completely...i read FA (first aid)..but i couldn't remember all facts in it..

exam tests our confidence so it is must that we keep ourself calm in last two weeks...only revise in last two weeks..do not read new stuff then...

i write notes , when i read....and revised that in last two weeks...along with kaplan notes...that was very helpful..

all the best for all of u preparing... :icon_thumb:

hi doctorjha

i took exam on may 10th , so hopefully u will get ur result in a week..

hi salehhero,

i listened to goljan lectures and made notes of it...i have no idea about BRS... kaplan patho is not presented in a good way to revise..that is the problem with it... i am also an img..if i had my robbins with me that would have been my only source for patho...so i depends on which u r comfortable with for revision...if u r listening to goljan lectures..i think that is more than enough for patho...becos he makes u to understand the concepts in a simple way..ALL THE BEST..

"usmleasr" wrote:
hi all,

i got my score today.....258/99.........i am very happy indeed...

i would like to thank all of u in this forum who motivated me to read...

thanks to my great friends...rosario, asmi,anne, who kept my sprits high till exam...with out u all and god's grace it wouldnot have been possible for me..
thanks all of u ..... i will be happy to reply any of ur doubts..thanks again all of u ... smiling face

Congratulations!!!!!! grin

hi
u said that u took ur exam on 17th of may same like me ,i remember doing silly mistakes i posted a quote in this forum under the subject of hi
can u tell me ur experience since i m very anxious waiting my score

"mmoghbelli" wrote:
Please tell us how you prepared, how much, how long, and what you used...

hi reem,
exam is a task...for which u need mental preparation...
i love words from a great person who said..
To suceed,
U SHOULD KNOW WHAT U DO , AND

U SHOULD LIKE WHAT U DO

AND

U SHOULD HAVE CONFIDENCE IN WHAT U DO..

that's it...i am an img..i read for 5-6 hrs/day..(which is highly variable..some days i will not be able to read at all...and week ends are completely with my family)...i guess most of us will have to work part time or take care of family..
so believe me..it is the quality of time that matters more than quantity of time..so even if only 3-4 hrs/day...work with confidence...
i fixed my exam schedule even before i started reading...that fixes ur mind...so i made up my mind to do in that month with out giving excuses..
discuss with ur online friends..that also helps to boost ur concepts...
i read for 5 months in total.....hours of work as i said fluctuated according to family needs... maximum was 6 hrs...towards the exam i could appreciate kaplan notes better than at tthe beginning...(after working up so many qs....).. perfect plan will make ur exam perfect..(along with prayers)..ALL THE BEST ...

Hey!!...congrats Usmleasr!!!....well done...thats an amazing score...
ummm I have a Q....how did u feel after the exam?...I just gave mine...and I was just plain confused at the end.....

hi sk,

after the exam i referred few qs i remebered and was feeling bad as i found i have answered wrongly... approx 15 qs in every block i have to think and guess for few...so ,after the exam relax don't think about it till result smiling face

To suceed,

U SHOULD KNOW WHAT U DO , AND
U SHOULD LIKE WHAT U DO
AND
U SHOULD HAVE CONFIDENCE IN WHAT U DO.

I liked it!!!! smiling face

THANKS USMLEASR!!!!!

usmleasr i could hug u rite now....thats EXActly how i felt after the exam.....abt 15- 20 questions were worrying in each block...anyways thanks..probably means i have a chance at a agood score..
thanks..and congrats once again!
sk

Hello Usmleaser ,
What type of question contents of NMS ? Does it contain answers with explanations of the MCQ ? What is the difference between it and Kaplan QBook ? To what extent is it useful ?

hi salehhero,

i used NMS in cd format..yes it has explanations for qs..it is good...but not a must.. if u have taken online q bank...go with it first ...do as many qs as possible from standard books..kaplan /NMS/BSS... may not be able to do everything...no problem as long as we r getting the concepts..

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

thank god... got my score 259/99
PASSED STEP 2 CS ..THANK GOD
i scored 247/99!!! thank god..
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact