Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

***Plz advice..Urgent!!!***  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

I have been on H1 visa for last 2 years...and now have got accepted in a 4 year psychiatry residency program that is willing to sponsor me both h1 and j1 visas.

my questions are --

1) If i go for h1 visa , i will use up all the 6 years on my h1 at the end of my residency. As such, I am clueless as to what will be my options at the end of residency, ie, once i used up my 6 years on h1???

2) also, in that case, will it be better for me to go for j1??

3) I have heard that you can apply for GC at end of residency, and if i find a job well within my third year of residency who are willing to hire me at the end of 4 years of my residency, can they file for my GC in third year itself as a future employee (as i wont be able to start working until the end of my residency)???

any feedback plz...thanks!!

Check with a lawyer. It's hard to answer this kind of questions.

thanks dr. sasid!

anyone else...any feedback will be appreciated!! thanks in advance!

I`m in the same boat, my mynistry of health doesn`t want to sign my statement of need, SOBmad

i agree............check with a lawyer.......g'luk

Thank you mightydoc

Does anyone from Romania had any problems getting the statement of need from the Romanian Ministry of Health?

aditi12345 wrote:
I have been on H1 visa for last 2 years...and now have got accepted in a 4 year psychiatry residency program that is willing to sponsor me both h1 and j1 visas.

my questions are --

1) If i go for h1 visa , i will use up all the 6 years on my h1 at the end of my residency. As such, I am clueless as to what will be my options at the end of residency, ie, once i used up my 6 years on h1???

2) also, in that case, will it be better for me to go for j1??

3) I have heard that you can apply for GC at end of residency, and if i find a job well within my third year of residency who are willing to hire me at the end of 4 years of my residency, can they file for my GC in third year itself as a future employee (as i wont be able to start working until the end of my residency)???

any feedback plz...thanks!!

yes if you go on H1B visa you can apply for GC if you get a employer sponsor at the end of your residency.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

help me plz plz plz plz plzzzzz
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ REPLY
urgent urgent urgent
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact