Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

I-194 Form for B1 visa  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

Hi friends,

I got the B1 visa and staying at the US. However, at port of entry, DHS Officer gave me 7-month stay whereas I said my stay was just 6 months. What did this mean? I should stay here for 7 months?

Thanks

Hi Vietnamese! It means that you *could* stay for up to 7 months and does not necessarily mean you have to stay the *entire* 7 months. Are you there for the CS? That should give you plenty of time for the CS and Step 3, not enough time though for the duration of the interview season for 2010..

Thanks xthine,

Yes, I take CS during that duration. Whether I should make an extension for 3 months after that? That will make a "bad credit" for my future visa?

Please help me.

I had my i94 extended once and when I had to get a new B1 visa the consul told me that they would go ahead and grant me the visa (to take Step 3), however next time around I would have a hard time getting a new visa. I assume the consul was talking about the J1 visa since at that time they gave me a multiple entry B1 visa with a 10 year vailidty.

The general perception is that an extension of stay is not looked upon favorably in U.S. embassies. I have no personal experience nor do i know anyone who has done it.

Donot extent the stay, it is frowned upon!!!, shaking head

you might have to make a second trip to USA< its odd that the officer gave you 7 months stay though!!!

Thanks xthine, indiloc1 and katzung,

katzung: You said <you might have to make a second trip to USA< its odd that the officer gave you 7 months stay though!!!> I don't understand. Please show me explanation.

Thanks katzung.

I got your last message.

Good luck.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

B1 bussinessor B1 tourist visa for cs
b1/b1 to h1 need real advice
194/79
show Related resources

U.S. Visa News

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact