Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

forum gurus PLZ HELP!!!!  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

for those who took the cs i need an honest opinion. i just took mine in philly 2 days ago and am paralyzed with fear.

Please tell me without false assurance what do u think my chances are based on the following.

i ran out of time in 2 cases and did not do closure-counseling
i also forgot to counsel about smoking/illicit drugs in 2 cases
i missed the obvious diagnosis in 3 cases and my d/d were not in order of likelyhood in about another 3
i missed some imp questions and physical points here and there.

I did the rest (standard of knocking greeting smiling draping asking if they had questions) and my PN, were mostly complete

what do you guys think?

hey buddy, check this out:

prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/82791/

grin

i took my exam march 28th, and i have been feeling the same way. i am also waiting for the result ....dont know whats going to happen, pretty much the same mistakes like yours

counseling an closure are very important. so you might lose points on that as far as the other stuff you mentioned i dont think that will effect your result.

if you did well (build a rapport, showed compassion, were nice, did counsel and closure etc.) on the other 10 cases i really doubt you will have any problem.

good luck

yes i made sure to finish the other 10. both of the ones i lost time on where neuro cases and I was in the middle of examination when i ran outa time.

thank you this alleviates my anxiety considerably. hopefully it'll be those 2 cases that wont count. keeping my fingers crossed

Hey, I went through the same thing, only worse. I ran out of time in 4 patients! And I still passed.

You can read my post here: https://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/85228/

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

To forum Gurus... NMBE?? PLEASE HELP
Help Needed from Forum Gurus!
Dear BBB, forum gurus..
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact