Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Question about H1  

• 0/5

Author10 Posts

Hi

Is it true that on H1B visa you can only enter the US no longer than 10 days prior to the beginning of your residency ?

thank you

jcala

Yes, that is true

in that case, i would miss my orientation....orientation starts on 15 june shaking head

Most programs pay for the orientation time. Your start time would be considered as the orientation. You should be able to enter US before June 15. Have you already completed the H1 papers? If not, make sure start date is mentioned as June 15 and July 1.

didnt know that, btw is there any deadline for J1 visa too???

and what about Scheduling Interview at embassy for stamping any rules /recommendation for that?

Thanks guys

BTW... I have a B1/B2 visa now, when I get my H1B, will the B1 be canceled ???

kity wrote:
didnt know that, btw is there any deadline for J1 visa too???

30 days.

Jcala wrote:
Thanks guys

BTW... I have a B1/B2 visa now, when I get my H1B, will the B1 be canceled ???

Yes

plastic_surgery wrote:
Most programs pay for the orientation time. Your start time would be considered as the orientation. You should be able to enter US before June 15. Have you already completed the H1 papers? If not, make sure start date is mentioned as June 15 and July 1.

Which also means that your residency will end early - June 14, unless your program files an extension for the last two weeks of residency at another $2500 cost. Then you run the risk of not have the mandatory number weeks of residency to qualify for board certification.

i talked to my PC and the attorney. They are about to file for h1b.

The residency would start from 1 july, they wont mention 15 june in papers. And i wouldnt be able to enter USA before 21 june. I would miss the first week of the orientation disapproval and i wont be paid anything for the orientation ( i dont care about the 850$ though).

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

do I need 3 yrs H1 left to start residency on H1?
Non Profit H1 to Non Profit H1 transfer
h1 research to h1 clinical
show Related resources

Conrad Fischer's Internal Medicine Question Book

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact