Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

need help in Cardiac and Vascualr  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

function curve

when TPR increase both venous return and CO decrease , like BRS said and Mean pressure is same

so why when there is bleeding we say sympathetic activity increase and constrict veins(decrease the compliance ) so venous return increase and CO , why we dont mention that also TPR also increase in bleeding and this must make CO and VR decrease

plz who can explain

Moslem Doctor wrote:
function curve

when TPR increase both venous return and CO decrease , like BRS said and Mean pressure is same

coz MAP=CO X TPR if keeping MAP constant and tpr incresed CO has to be dec.to maintain given pressure in other way,TPR incresed(arteriole constricts,making difficult for blood to flow from art to venous system hence less venous blood hence less CO.

so why when there is bleeding we say sympathetic activity increase and constrict veins(decrease the compliance ) so venous return increase and CO , why we dont mention that also TPR also increase in bleeding and this must make CO and VR decrease

in this case, bleeding causes dec co and MAP,to maintain it sympathetic (compensatory) dicharges which Inc TPR,acc- MAP=CO XTPR,to maintain MAP,if co is decresed other vairable should increase,thats TPR.VFC shifts to the left.

and CO is increased via renin system,low co,low kidney perfusion pressure,renin released(also direct sympathetic can stimulate beta receptor releasing renin)-->ATII-->aldosterone--na retention-->inc blood vol-->in co.

At bottom line,both cases use MAP=CO X TPR but in later case ,cause is bleed i.e low blood volume not just sympathetic activity involving TPR but also renin avctivity contributing to circulating volume hence see in co .this is what i understood.

thanx for the question and the answer

so what about the V.R why it is increased ???

i do not know if what i have in my mind is the truth so if u can correct my view please

I think that the VR is increased because decreased venous blood leads to passive constriction of veins which increase the VR

please respond to my ansewr because i'm not sure if it is true or not

yes right 1st passive then active constriction==>vol contribute to venous return.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Pariuri Esports în România
Pariuri Esports în România
Cardiac tamponade and pneumonitis
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact