Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

im in a strange situation, plz help  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

I have applied to peds programs, but I dont have a peds LOR...

actually in my col, they are giving a peds lor, but its the same for everyone, it has 2 paras and just name change and it comes for 1000 bucks... totally worthless...

I have worked in a pvt hosp for 1 yr.. can I take a LOR from the doctor there and submit it to eras?? or should the LOR be from the teaching institute where I did my MBBS?

thanx...

its best to submit an LOR where the Doc really knows you and worked with you. Having a generic LOR almost means nothing.... in my opinion , a good LOR matters more than a generic peds...

it is unfortunate that your MBBS college doesnt have a single professor in peds who will give you a genuine letter...mostly foreign LORs are not viewed too seriously by PDs...but I agree with ip1500 that a heartfelt LOR from someone who actually knows you makes much more sense...though it does bring up the ques u should be prepared to ans on the IV as to why u did not ask any of your peds teachers from ur med school to give u a LOR (u can say it was a short rotation and u have been away for some time now or something to that effect)

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

strange situation with poster
L2 to J1.delicate situation..plz help
help me plz plz plz plz plzzzzz
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact