Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

264/99 what to do for Step1  

• 100/5

Author214 Posts

Congratulations... very good shared experience !!
Hope to get same score as u !!!
Best wishes for ur future !!

thanks guys. Sorry i've been silent. residency caught up with me.

congratulations.....Wish you the best of luck in your career !

@medohusa - thanks.

hi every one.....i dont know what is NBME....any body can help me what is it???

u can see these links:-
www.nbme.org/PDF/NBME-Self-...essment-Services-Guide.pdf
www.nbme.org/programs-servi...essential-information.html

hey dr.......so proud of your great attitude in study and about ur great score and hope u r keeping on in ur residency...God with you....and iam really amazed of ur support and care about usmle fighters even u finished the struggle couple of years ago.....you really deserve pride......may God favours you like you do with us...
iam really seeeking ur advice ......i 've been preparing for step1 , 6 monthes agoo...but because of my work and other family stuff,,i spend that long time finishing my read of kaplan lectures and notes...i have watched dvds for most subjects....iam not revising previous subjects i started my preparion with..besides of my poor memory....so i dunno whats the next step ..have i to reread kaplan again as arevision..or start reading first aid to let it be my source of final revision directly before the exam while moving around UW ...iam really confused!!!! so plz think with me to make up aplan ...thanks for ur time great seven...

@lastoneleft - A)stop saying you have a bad memory or you wont be able to use it at all.

first aid is your last resource. i cant tell you what to study coz i dont know what you know and what you dont know. but if you did everything i told you to do in the first post in this thread you'll be fine.

Great.
Hav my exam in a month
getting 65-70% in any test i take up
haven started revising.
Is it poosible to get 95+ in a month
man help me

dear seven_fingers ...im confused about the way by which i have to memorize some facts...for instance: when it comes to memorize things like gram + gram- ..catalase + catalase-...coagulase+ and -...dominant vs recessive ...etc .....
my q is : should i write down these things on a table and memorize them or it is better to study them randomly ??
thanks in advance

hey seven finger im a silent reader of ths forum,read ur post.. very motivating, hope u r doing good in ur residency. i wanted to ask u which first aid do u think is better the 2007 or the 2008 one? plus r the goljan audio lectures enough or do i have to do goljan rapid review too for a good score.

@Aishri - if those are your scores 95+ is assured as long as you don't screw up on the exam day and keep a cool head

@abummeis - yep. if writing them down makes it easier to remember - tahts your system - just use it.

@happy_go_lucky - i used the 2007 one. i don think theres any difference. the audio lectures are enough. but you need the high yield questions too.

All the best to y'all test takers. God bless you.

I hope this reply isn't too late but your actual step1 experience is one of the first ones where I said, ok, this guy did not lie.

True honesty and humility.

Thanks for your time to share. God bless you always (if I had control).

@art of bone - maybe i lied just to get 20,000 hits :-p

Well, I hope you DIDNt lie lol cause your story reminds me of mine in a way;; and if you did good, I want to assume I might do well as well. :P

lol

Cheers

Now if I could find some good correlation of Qbank scores to actual step 1 performance... :P

When I first would try Qbanks at random, I'd score 30's, 33%. Did half a read of kaplan I'd score like.. 46-50s. Now that I did kaplan live lecture, I'm somewhere around 60-68%, if I were to be honest, perhaps 65%. of course, sometimes I've scored higher but thats the average.

hehe. I apologize for the thread hijack btw, Im sure I could've started a new thread, but since you're here already...

:P

Cheers

[quote=theartofbone]Well, I hope you DIDNt lie lol cause your story reminds me of mine in a way;; and if you did good, I want to assume I might do well as well. :P

lol

Cheers

Now if I could find some good correlation of Qbank scores to actual step 1 performance... :P

hi Seven_fingers,

I am giving step1 in december last week, I am struggling with pathology. My scores are not going above 50% In usmle world question. any advice is much appreciated.

bp

@usdreams - well hard to give much advice really. depends onw hat you know and what you dont know. cant go wrong going over your kaplan material. all the best.

i heard a lot of people read this thing.
just a few more additional things:

1.make sure you know your basics cold. you have to know it well enough to explain it to someone.

2.you will not score badly on the test for a lack of material. you already have all the material you need if you are spending so much time on this forum.

3.if you don't know - don't be lazy. find out. what you don't know will come back to bite you in the butt.

Edited by seven_fingers on Dec 13, 2009 - 1:36 PM

Hey seven fingers,
Congrates for your residency!
i read in some forum on this site that we have to identify heart murmurs too by listening to them,is that true? and from where to get those to practice before going ahead with the exam
thanx

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Khách hàng nên chọn mua bán xe ô tô chính hãng hay xe nhập sẽ có lợi hơn
Mua bán xe ô tô cũ và kinh nghiệm cần biết khi mua xe đã qua sử dụng
step 2 ck experience 99/264
show Related resources

how to do all things from usmle to match

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact