Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

 doubt abt L2 visa  

Post Reply  
  • 0/5
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Author4 Posts

hi i am in US on a L2 dependent husband has planning to apply 4 match my visa status ok or do i need a J1/H1 visa?please helpconfused


you will need j1/h1 visa for residency... L2 does not allow for work authorization...


What privileges do u enjoy on L-2 visa?

On L-2 visa, you may:

• Reside in the U.S. for the duration of the L-1 visa holder's authorized duration of stay

• Work on a full-time basis in the U.S. with proper employment authorization from the USCIS

• Engage in full-time study in the U.S.

• Travel in and out of the U.S. on short trips and return

go and search more about l2 visas on google - you will find better and more complete info


you can do residency on EAd which you can get after few months of application.

but choose taht only if you are more than 100 % sure that your Husband's L1 visa will be for 3 years of your residency.

I am on L2 visa too but chose to get independent Visa for myself.

its your choice after all

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

residency with L2 visa
L2 visa
show Related resources

U.S. Visa News

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact