Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Exam Exp in ATL-- I PASSED!!!  

• 0/5

Author19 Posts

well, just took my cs exam couple of days ago.... really wanted to wait for result before posting but i'm a little bit freaking out b/c i remembered a bunch of stuff to do after it was too late..... like, i thought of a DD for a case about 2 cases later when it no longer mattered.... did the abdominal exam in one case that needed it, but forgot to write about it in my PN, and others that don't come to mind right now....
anyway.... about my experience.....
stayed at the country inn and suites right next to test center, if you go through the parking lot, its walking distance.... wouldn't recommend walking outside as there is no sidewalk on that side of the road and it doesn't seem like a very good neighborhood to be walking around in at 7:30 in the morning (i'm a bit country, so it may very well be an ok neighborhood, it just didn't seem that way to me) raised eyebrow about the hotel.... didn't like it much.... my room smelled bad (don't know what it was, prob the carpet), it was a nonsmoking room and the bathroom smelled like cigarrettes.... cars with loud music were driving around in the middle of the night (about 2am -- my room faced the main street outside hotel) didn't sleep much anyway, b/c was very hungry and decided to have a cheeseburger w/ fries the night before, BIG MISTAKE!!! eat something light!!!! had epigastric pain about half the night, in addition to pretest nervousness, so only slept a couple of hours..... room rate includes breakfast, it was ok, (but couldn't eat much,) however, they had a good mix of different things.... overall it was ok.... i would recommend this hotel only if you need to walk to the testing center, as it is so close.... otherwise, if you don't mind driving 5-10 minutes, (anything further away, you might risk getting stuck in traffic) you can probably get something better at more or less the same price.....
the test: everyone at the center is very nice and extremely helpful.... when they announce the test to begin.... don't panic!!! they ask common cases, and they're all pretty much from FA..... don't memorize, LEARN!! they will not be exactly like FA... USMLE peolple know we all try to memorize FA so they change it up on us, i guess just to see if we're paying attention.... shaking head i guess anything else i add here, might be considered an irregularity and i'm not risking it.... so that's all i have to say about that....
my 2 cents: while studying..... don't read over everything 3-4 times, (like i did) practice, practice, practice..... i pretty much ignored my practice partners the last 4 days b/c thought i should memorize FA.... no.... this is not the way to go..... i made many mistakes on exam, and i truly think they could have been avoided with more practice.... so right now i'm just praying and praying that what i did do was enough to pass.... PLEASE GOD!!!!..... by the way, i'd like to thank my study partners, you guys know who you are so just thank you so much for helping me along the way wink grin
sorry this post is so long, but if i remember anything else will keep posting.... just had to write all this b/c i'm really stressed and i can't concentrate on studying anything else right now, so pls leave comments ppl!!!! TNXS!!!!

nod you'll be finesticking out tongue

try not to worry so much we all have our post exam jitters. try to take your mind off of things. go out and spend some time with either family or friends it always helps. anyway GL.

thanks for the replies guys.... i'm trying......

Don't worry. You are not alone. I took my test on June 30 at L.A. There are so many mistakes I did. It is pretty hard for everybody to wait over one month to get the result. We better move on, do something else to distract yourself.
Take care!

thanks, snowdrops.....

hi, milee!!! well, not quite done, just beginning i guess, since have to go back and study for 2nd attempt at step 1 mad but hope to be done w/ cs..... the waiting is the worst part!!!!!

hey jus read ure experience....thanx for addin in the details about your hotel stay n' all...i got my exam in ATL n' takin a look at the hotels nearby there (i'm researchin the list given by the test center's website)....your comments are helpful...do u mind if I PM u about other landmarks nearby? like food joints n' all, etc?

just got my score report...... I PASSED!!!!!

Congrats! nod

hey congratulations..
wish u gl on ur next steps..
nod

Congratsmiling face

Congratulations, awesome job!

thanks guys!! really appreciate it!!!!!

congrats

Congrats buddy !

hey congrats 5fu...grin

whats next ? step-1? all the best...cool

Well done buddy.
Congratulations!!!smiling face

thanks you guys!! to infinity and beyond..... yep step 1, oh well confused

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Pariuri Esports în România
Pariuri Esports în România
Failed in Houston, Passed in Atl
show Related resources

Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online
Exam Master USMLE Step 1
Kaplan 1-Day Step 2 CS Simulated Exam

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact