Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

operation of submandibular region  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

After removing submandibular lymph node, which nerve is most likely to be damaged?
a) motor part of trigeminal nerve
b)motor part of facial nerve
c) lingual nerve
d) hypoglossal nerve
e)glossopharyngeal nerve

May be PArt of Facial Nerve as Facial n supplies both submandibular and Sublingual glands. i am not sure . Please correct me ifwrong.

HI,
I have had an injury to my submandibular gland under my left jaw. After it was injured it became very swollen with swollen lymph nodes under my jaw, under my ear, and some in my neck all an the left side. The next day I woke up with swelling under my left jaw, my left cheek puffy and red, and fluid under my eyes with creases. I have had this problem for about six months and im scheduled to get the gland removed soon because its so plugged up and damaged. I found out the main duct ic constricted so saliva cant exit it into my mouth so its causing allot of infection inside of it. Its even abscessed from being infected so long. My doctor said im having a reaction to the bad infection causing histamines to be released into my bloodstream from the my body fighting off the constant war of bacteria, and that's why my cheek is swollen and red along with the swelling under my eyes. The only thing im really worried about is the swelling under my jaw not going away. Im pretty sure everything else will go back to normal but I heard a lymph node or two come out on this surgery. Im scared that the fluid under the left side of my jaw and chin from this infection wont drain when these nodes are removed. If you know anything about this complication, feel free to write. Its just that I used to have a realy firm jaw and under chin and this really affects my face shape. It looks like I have put on some wait under my chin. Im 17 so im really scared.
Thanks so much, Emma

HI,
I have had an injury to my submandibular gland under my left jaw. After it was injured it became very swollen with swollen lymph nodes under my jaw, under my ear, and some in my neck all an the left side. The next day I woke up with swelling under my left jaw, my left cheek puffy and red, and fluid under my eyes with creases. I have had this problem for about six months and im scheduled to get the gland removed soon because its so plugged up and damaged. I found out the main duct ic constricted so saliva cant exit it into my mouth so its causing allot of infection inside of it. Its even abscessed from being infected so long. My doctor said im having a reaction to the bad infection causing histamines to be released into my bloodstream from the my body fighting off the constant war of bacteria, and that's why my cheek is swollen and red along with the swelling under my eyes. The only thing im really worried about is the swelling under my jaw not going away. Im pretty sure everything else will go back to normal but I heard a lymph node or two come out on this surgery. Im scared that the fluid under the left side of my jaw and chin from this infection wont drain when these nodes are removed. If you know anything about this complication, feel free to write. Its just that I used to have a realy firm jaw and under chin and this really affects my face shape. It looks like I have put on some wait under my chin. Im 17 so im really scared.
Thanks so much, Emma

Im so sorry, I messed up and made to many!!
Sorry

c)lingual nerve..

ya i too think lingual nerve

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

submandibular removal question
Man coughs up screw after operation??????????????
operation option?
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact