Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

announcement from ECFMG  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

Starting on or around May 15, 2008, a transition period will begin in which the number of items in current forms of the Step 1 examination will change from 350 items to 336 items. Although the transition will occur quickly at many test centers, there may also be some locations where the changes take slightly longer to complete. The overall transition period will likely last approximately 6 weeks. The length of the examination day will remain unchanged.

The decrease in the number of items per form will be accounted for in scoring the examination results, so that scores on new and old forms will be comparable. Because of these changes in timing, as well as modifications to the test item pool and the processing load caused by a heavy volume of test takers, there will be a delay in score reporting for most Step 1 examinations administered in the second half of May and June.

The target date for reporting Step 1 scores for most examinees testing from May 15 through late June will be Wednesday, July 16, 2008.

shockedOMG!!!

Yet another hurdle in my path to Residency 2009

kalyan b+.........we'll have 14 qs less to solve......and we'll have 5 easy audio-video qs.......so its gonna be easy after 15 may........the only negative point is the delay in the results......that sucks.......

yes i am not worried abt A V qs

its the results in delay

and btw B + is in my bloodddddddddddddddddd

Less Qs , same time frame means easier or less Qs means much longer Qs so harder , any way , thanx Laks , they ECFMG used to send any info new changes , no any more for a while ago since .

GL nod

They are A V clips so it depends on their duration.

it also said that the total time of the test day is not going to change...maybe they decreased the number of questions because they are adding the AV clips, and it takes a bit longer to solve those questions.

i thought they would make longer questions and more 3 step/tertiary questions to make up for it. but either way, the way i see it, it seems like it will be harder, since you have to get more questions right to get a the same percentage correct as you did with 350 questions.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

New announcement-ecfmg
Announcement
Announcement
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact