Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

passed at LA!!!!  

• 0/5

Author28 Posts

guys i passed. and i m so much relieved. thanx for all the help i got on these forums.

my prep was for 15 days after i landed in LA. i did FA and UW. trust me they r xtremely helpful and more than enuf.

and ya u need to practice on someone. in my case my guinea pig was my aunt. i did all the 31 cases of FA on her. she was gud enuf to lemme do all physical xam on her and answer all my questions. she found it very hilarious bt dats y we enjoyed doing the cases.

and one more thing. do write patient notes. as many as possible. time urself. dont think dat u will be able to write thm without practicing.

so now abt the much dreaded LA centre. guys chill. the rumours abt LA centre being tough r all fake. the proctors r friendly. the patients were nice. if at all they appeared rude, dat was bcoz they have been tld to act dat way.

xam was smooth. i had the morning slot. so got done by 3 pm. the first 2 cases i goofed up. dat was mebbe coz i was tensed. and thats natural. bt thn u get into the flow of the xam.

thrs lts to eat at the centre. sandwiches, coffee, friuts, salad. vegetarians mite find it a bit difficult so u can carry watever snack u want to. dats allowed.

i wish u all GL!!grin

Good job, man... Congrats!!!

thanx justice

Congrats!

thanx!!

Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

congrates titly...i am so happy for you..and u know wat...me too..wohooo...nod

can u please tell me about the timing...was it enough? i have problems with the patient note....it take me so much time...im planing to do it on paper...any suggestions? thnx! and congrats!

the more u practice the better u will get tuscani.

keep writing thm. even i did thm on paper. the only thing with writing on paper is dat u better have legible handwriting. grin

and the time is enuf. i had no problem with the timing. but, obviously , u need to practice dat. write atleast 5 patient notes or more if u can per day.

all d best!!

congrats titly!

thanx yendor!

congrats titlygrin

Congratulation titly.

I like your Avatar.

Are your accent Native English? I concern my accent is Asian.

Best

hey vietnamese!!

thanx.

no i hv an asian accent too.

dnt worry. as long as u speak english clearly u will have no problem.

thanx supra!

Congrats Titly
nice to know that you passed in LA.i took it in LA and failed,but i was planning to take the exam at LA again this time,but i was scared.Your result has boosted my morale.Can u tell me more about the preparation,especially how you counseled them and the closure.
thanks in advance

hey needhelpplease!!

as i said i practiced cases on my aunt. wat i did was prepare atleast 5 cases everyday while she went to work and when she was back i used to give her FA and start asking her questions. thn do physical examination.

what i did for counselling was that i noted in the corner of a paper if patient had high alc intake or ws indulging in any high risk behaviour like unsafe sex, smoking, no exercise etc.

thn after the physical xam was over i would first tell thm wat i feel must be wrong with thm and that i will hv to run a few tests like for eg xrays, ultrasounds, bld test, genital pelvic rectal xam etc. whichever was applicable.

eg the patient is a smoker, u ask him if he is ready to quit. and tell him wat the harmful effects of smoking are. same way u counsel about other risk factors.

then comes the most important part. ask the patient if he has any questions for u. if he asks u something , answer it honestly . if u dont knw the answer , say dat u dont knw yet but dat u will find out and get back to him. all these tips u will get in FA. i found the book very helpful. read it thoroughly and u will be done.

if the patient has no questions for u, just say it was a pleasure meeting u, shake hands and get outta the room.

im so sorry to hear abt ur initial failure and i wish u goodluck for the future. believe me , i dnt think the centre plays much importance to ur final outcome. be confident. smile at ur patients and dont lose ur cool.

if u hv anything to ask, go ahead!

Edited by titly on May 07, 2008 - 7:08 AM

Thanks a lot titly...it was really helpful

Hi Titly,
I'm also sending you a personal msg since this isn't a recent post and I was afraid you wouldn't see it. Talk about having OCD.
Thanks for posting your exam experience. I have my test at the LA center in about 10 days. You mentioned that you were in the morning session and that you got done by 3.00pm. Isn't the test supposed to be approx 8 hrs long and don't they start around 8.30am? I'm only asking coz I'm suposed to fly out at 06.37pm the day of my exam. If I can get done around 3.00pm, that'll give me enough time to get to the airport in time. Just didn't want to miss my flight back home.

thankyou so much for your reply titly

Edited by cartman on May 05, 2008 - 3:57 PM

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Hoặc là nó tốt hơn
Nó không phải là
Cổng trục là gì
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact