Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Conquer STEP 3, My first day entry  

• 0/5

Author51 Posts

Welcome Shely1980 and Doc-08, both of you are certainly welcome to join this journal and make it ur own too like how myself, Jackdaniels, and syra have made.

I answer Doc-08's question, I think people read step 2 notes as a basic review if they have been away from step 2 material for awhile. from what i've gathered through other's experiences is that there is some overlap betwen step 2CK questions and the step 3 MCQ portion of the exam. So reviewing step 2 info is really on a case to case basis. I think you will be fine just sticking to Kaplan.

Shely1980 I would shy away from review materials that are new. For step 3 people just use either a Usmleworld based review, Kaplan step 3 notes, Kaplan step 2 ck notes or premierreview. People just do a combo of materials with UW as a standard. through in FA for last minute review then you are all set.

I too am taking step 3 before I re-apply for residency.

Good luck.

an hour's worth of reading yesterday with step up to medicine.

that's exactly what i need to do, step it up.

Just got really tied up in personal issues. But yesterday I had a chance to listen to Kaplan's Dr. SAKALA's lectures on OB/gyn. Honestly this old guy can give Dr. Fischer a run for his money. He is excellent. I hope i finish Ob/gyn today.
Goodluck

same here...i had a long weekend with no studies at all.
now i've started listening to IM step 3 lectures and plan to go through CK IM notes quickly. going very slow , lost motivation.

i totally agree with jackdaniels...step 2 ob/gyn lectures were so good. i cant wait to listen to step 3 lectures but i have to complete IM before i move on to ob/gyn lectures.

manolok ,good to see your progress.

doc_08 ,i'll go through step 2 notes because i've heard ppl doing that and getting good score. besides its easier to read from a book which you've read before. i think it will be lacking in management and some other stuff which we need to know for step 3. i hope to cover all that by step 3 lectures, uw q bank, kaplan q bank and if possible WM or swanson.

shely1980, i havent heard of that website so cant say anything.

happy study to all. i hope i dont waste any more time.

Hey guys,

I just started preparaing for my step 3. Really liked your journal a lot....Can I join your journal???????Its really hard to study all alone. I am planning to write my exam somewhere in june.

Hey ipod welcome here. I was kind of feeling lonely so its good to have company.winkwink

Hi SYRA, good to see you back
I read peds from FA, and a little bit from step 2 ck notes, did 20 questions scored 65. Now I intend to listen to peds lecture as the lady is going thru step 3 notes page to page so it probably will be very easy READ.
Meanwhile I also spent 3 hrs revising GIT from FA/step2 I think its a good idea to keep mixing things. Read the first geriatric chapter from swanson which was easy read again..so safe swanson for a time when you ae bored and really don't wnat to study.
Goodluck everyone happy studying.
Tip for UW, Spend time on question with reading every option clearly, previously i wasnt reading the choices and was just picking the one that i already was looking for in the choices, that helps in step2 but step 3 choices are very close so each needs attention.

very good JACKDANIELS , you are doing great.
i listened to neuro lectures. same points which were covered in step 2 lectures. quite boring. these lectures and ck books are slowing me down plus so many distractions.

Once again, I came back to trying lectures, some people are actually good e.g the lady teaching peds is essentially doing page by page of kaplan step 3 notes which amkes it easy to go them and her commanding voice has added benefitsgringrin I completed almost half of peds UW questions with scoring 68% so feeling somewhat relieved that maybe my preparation is going somewhere.
Something new that I am trying now is doing UW questions in Tutor mode allowing yourself only 60 sec/question AND DONT Cheat by changing answers. Its helping because by reviewing the right answer instanly, we are thinking on the same topic and would know our problem area or mistaken concept right away. Then I am taking notes of any new information to review later. hope this is time efficient.
BAck to studying.
Goodluck everyone and keep posting.

good strategy JACKDANIELS.
i read neuro and rheumatology from kaplan ck notes.
i've already listened to the rheumatology lectures when i was doing the questions before. there were some extra points in lecures.
now started reading nephro but getting bored , so i'll listen to the lectures.
GOOD LUCK everyone

yesterday listened to oncology lectures. some dvd's are not working so i have to get a new set. so i dont have hematology lectures right now.
today trying to finish pulmonolgy lectures, i listened to 2 of them when i did the q's and 2 are left.
read a little bit nephro and pulmonology from ck notes.
GOOD LUCK to all and a nice weekend.

Hi guys,
I have a quick questions regarding UW average score. Do UW people figure in the fact that most of us might repeat questions which can falsely raise the average on the same set of questions? Is the average for the first timer?

Hi jackdaniels.

i think the score is for the first time only.coz each question shows on the bottom as to how many people answered it correctly and that never changes. i mean that stays the same when u get it right ,

happy studying and best of luck.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

My first journal entry!
conquer with courage and faith
Another Attempt to conquer!
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact