Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

MATCH TIMETABLE  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Hello to everybody !!!
I need some good advice regarding timetable for match
If I have understood it well
It’s all over by the end of February but interview’s are usually from September to January
What does it mean exactly
DO YOU NEED TO BE ECFMG CERTIFIED IN ORDER TO APPLY TROUGH ERAS AND , GET AND GO TO THE INTERVIEW ???
Or you can do it even if you are not over with for example CS and just get ECFMG certification later , by the end of February when you finish all the exams and receive your scores

I am asking that because I probably could not pass step 2 CS before September , October 2oo8 so , can I apply for 2009 Match or I just have to wait for 2010

You can apply w/o ECFMG certificate or even w/o one or 2 exams. As long as you get all your exams ready by February you'll be good to go... but also have in mind that the more exams you have ready (especially step1 and 2ck) the bigger your chances of getting more and better IV's, so do your best to have your application as complete as possible in early October.

I think applying in september is better than october and with all exams passed if you apply in october like GLO MD says this is considered late and you might not get interviews because they will already be given

Thank you for the advice , I wish us all good luck
I think we all need it

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

can someone help me formulate a timetable(espbbb)
Match \ Pre-Match \ Out of Match
To Match or Not to Match for 2007
show Related resources

Match a Resident
Residency Match 101 Biggest Mistakes
First Aid for the Match

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact