Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

 California PTAL  

Post Reply  
  • 0/5
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Author2 Posts

I have a question about authorization letter for residency in California State.
I have check the California Medical Board website and found out that my medical school is recognized by them. However I checked with the school my credential clinical hours and here is how it goes: California requires instruction in the core clinical courses of surgery, medicine , FM, pediatrics, OB/GYN and psychiatry minimum of 40 weeks , I have 43. In Surgery though they require 8 and I have 7, in FM they require 4 and I have 2 but the rest of the clinical courses I have more than they require. Will they let this 3 weeks go or they won t. I actually think I do know the answer but I just want to make double sure. I was very hopefull to apply in California since they have many programs for me. I just don t want to pay $493 non-refundeable if the anser is already NO.
I am Polish and I finished CMUJ in Krakow. Maybe there is anybody who tried it before from Poland??
I would appreciate any info on this.
Thank you


Hi there! i know it might be a late reply but if u still need it. this is what i did. If u are short of the clinical weeks required they have a way of calculating number of hours for it which u mmight have completed in that many weeks u did and all u have to do is get ur med school to write it a letter explaining the hrs. sometime if they can relocate the hours for you as well. the best thing to do is to get in touch with ur analyst and they are very helpful. the worse u do is have to make up for those weeks in ur med school. but once that is done they will issue u a letter. i would start processing it anyway..I am sorry for the late reply but i hope it helps.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

California Letter (old name) - PTAL
California Letter (old name) - PTAL
Question about PTAL (California Letter)
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact