Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

what do we do in second visit to a pg  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

any experience ? Please share.
I will go to my top choice program for second visit in January.
But, I have no idea what I should do during the visit except tell PD that I will rank them No.1

Again, every program is going to be different. At my program, a second look is NOT a second interview. It's a chance for you to see what the program looks like without our interview suit on. Depending on the schedule you might have 5 minutes with the PD, you may not even see them.

It's a second visit so you can see what you are getting yourself into.

Other programs may have an agenda set for second looks.

and what do we wear for a second look for girls...our IV suits or just a formal shirt and pants should be enough?

PGI2alpha wrote:
and what do we wear for a second look for girls...our IV suits or just a formal shirt and pants should be enough?

Judge what to wear by what the residents are wearing when you go to interview. Dress accordingly.

bbb, should I ask PC for an agenda ? Should I ask PC what I can do during the second visit ? or I request what I want to do ?

Thank you very much !

wywywy2006 wrote:
bbb, should I ask PC for an agenda ? Should I ask PC what I can do during the second visit ? or I request what I want to do ?

See my post above - every program is going to be different. Ask the PC how the day works at the hospital that you are interested in......

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Do we include PG details in application
Second visit - What all to do / say
second visit to a program
show Related resources

how to do all things from usmle to match

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact