Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

psychiatry residency in u of WA Seattle  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

I ve sent emails to Un. of Washington dep of psy. for residency information.They have gave me a feeling of racism! although they do not admit on their web site they seem like they are not wellcome to foreign MG s.Anybody had any experiance, externship or research in there?shaking head

Y u post this u say u r 95 graduate, go fr wht u can get

Seattle is one of the most difficult. I know someone who was interested in with scores of 95 and 97 and fresh graduate couldn't get it. So for first year he was in Dallas and for the second year he moved to Seattle.

University of Washington is one of the best in the countries. Race can't play a factor in determining candidates. BUT, Not accepting Foreign Medical Graduate is not racism. It's like I prefer to hire somebody graduated from Princeton than a guy from University of XYZ, for example, since I know the quality of the education in Princeton. Then they should hire somebody from there, regardless their race or skin color.
So, if they believe that AMG got a better education than FMG, it's ok. But they can't say, we only hire caucasian AMG or hispanic AMG. Then, it's not ok...and you can sue them for that.

Pretty much all west coast states are quite well known for their FMG unfriendliness.. California and washington state in that matter are setting those criteria furthest for FMGs to achieve

Dear minang.After you complete all the USMLE exams it is your scores that should be the criteria apart from a person .Where you come from is immaterial.A harvard product may not be a good physician and a graduate of a ordinary school can be a gem.It is how much compassion,empathy and how much down to earth you are that counts more in medicine.This is why they teach us to be non-judgemental in making our opinion just on appearance or just where one came from

Dear Bohem,
the UW department of neurology hired a resident IMG from Nigeria and another one graduated from germany. you can look at their list of current residents

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

need study partner Step 3 Seattle, WA or emai
study parter -Seattle WA
female study partner in seattle area, wa
show Related resources

Free Selection criteria of Residency Programs
Blueprints in Psychiatry
Iserson's Getting into a Residency

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact