Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Wrote my test today  

• 0/5

Author14 Posts

hi guys,

i just wrote my exam today and i am scared to death about this....To tell you the truth, i didn't find the exam that bad, but i am scared thinking that my answers might not be right...I don't know WHY i am thinking like that.shaking head

Did anyone of you felt the same after writing it. I just wanna pass. Pls keep in your prayers. Once i pass, i will write a detailed history of how i studied and what i would recommend because i think it's useless to discuss if you/yourself were not successful.

My NBME scores were as follows:
NBME 1 = 420, NBME 2= 560, NBME 3 = 440 and NBME 4 = 530

Please give me your feedback guys if you felt the same after finishing your exam. I am just second-doubting myself.

Also, how many questions can you get wrong before you FAIL the darn thing???? I am being very paranoid (i know) disapproval

hey many feel like this..( except me.....sticking out tongue) you will surely get good score.. like everyone else too... goodluck..

but I could use few tips now as I have my exam soon.. could you please tell me subject wise distribution of Qs???

Good for your on being done with it! Now join me in the game of waiting smiling face

Congratulation you are done!!
My exam is in Sept 28. What should i do these days.//
I have done one form of NBME but i m not sure i have to take its score. Think i really need to do another form but couldn't afford much. Do you buy all 4 forms? And do you know where i can download them free???
thanks very much.

Kity My exam was evenly distributed and i mean EVENLY (ie. when i was in basic science people use to tell me...don't worry about Histo/Anatomy/Embryo...those are not high yield. At max, you will get around 3-4 questions, but uhhhhhh NOOOOO. it was evenly distributed. Recently i have been hearing that people are getting more molecular/neuro and genetics. So advice, don't disregard any Subject..EVERYTHING IS THERE.

Edie THANKS bro/sis. I am really scared though. Feels like i did everything wrong. Maybe i am just remembering the questions that i gave a lil thought before selecting an answer, but it seems like whatever i gave thought on...they were all wrong. Right now, i have collected about 10-12 questions that i know i got wrong for sure. I hope i PASS. Pls put me in your prayers and i will do likewise. THANKS AGAIN..when did you take yours???

Nyimalay Thanks. All i can suggest is do as many questions as you can. Your exam is on friday. So study and do questions all this week till sunday and then THATS IT...Starting following week just READ, MEMORIZE, SLEEP with FA till Wednesday...REMEMBER DO NOT DO ANYTHING ON THURSDAY...I wish i could underline THURSDAY there...don't do anything. Relax your mind and Friday go fresh.

Regarding NBME you just did one..Which form was it??? and how was ur score..you can pm me if you don't wanna share on public forum. Regarding Downloaded ones...i highly recommend you to NOT do those because for some odd reason people with very high score on the downloaded versions have failed. For ex, i just read a post on valuemd.com regarding this downloaded version and she/he said that they got 500 NBME2 and 640 on NBME1 on the downloaded version and ended up failing the exam. Now those are some awesome score, i don't need to tell you that, but he/she failed the exam by hughe margin...so pls pls don't do that. Pay $45 dollars and do them online.

Ask me any questions you guys have. Although, i still didn't get my score so i don't know if i advising you guys right or if this advise is just from another student. If i have success on my hand, then i could tell you DO THIS AND THAT and you'll be fine. So take my advice with grain of salt.(lol).

Take care

Thank you sooooooooo much for your sound advice. I did on-line NBME 3 and got 600. But i found at least 5 same questions that i have tried from this forum and I don't know how to interpret my score. Anyway I just got the link from someone but i will use it only to sharpen my mind. Thanks a lot for detailed advice on my last days of preparation.

I took mine Aug 31st, you can read about that in this same forum. Like you, i had an evenly distributed exam. I went through that barrage of questions afterward, sure. Normal! I have similar NBME 3 scores as you. I think I'll know my score next week. i am not sure how many q's you need to pass or fail, but a common conception is that you need to get 31 correct on each block to pass with 185-186 on NBME and/or Step 1. Please take this with grain of salt! I think that is like a 400 on the NBME?

hey congrats on getting done...if it makes u feel better i too found the exam doable..and now as the date for my score approaches i'm killing myself with anxiety abt all the real and imaginary mistakes i've made.. i guess u can find peace in knowing that u gave it your best shot what will be will be smiling face

Stepin2007 wrote:
Regarding NBME you just did one..Which form was it??? and how was ur score..you can pm me if you don't wanna share on public forum. Regarding Downloaded ones...i highly recommend you to NOT do those because for some odd reason people with very high score on the downloaded versions have failed. For ex, i just read a post on valuemd.com regarding this downloaded version and she/he said that they got 500 NBME2 and 640 on NBME1 on the downloaded version and ended up failing the exam. Now those are some awesome score, i don't need to tell you that, but he/she failed the exam by hughe margin...so pls pls don't do that. Pay $45 dollars and do them online.

This seems strange, usually people post their number of items correct or a percentage correct for scoring the downloaded forms. There are ways to 'guesstimate' 3-digit scores, yes, but correlating the actual score on the NBME 800-scale is not so easy. I only guessed that score of 31 of 50 would be about a 400 on the online form, but no one can be 100% certain. Realistically, I don't think this peson correlated properly, and perhaps their nummber correct of 50 per each set would have shed more light into why they failed? But I do agree with you about doing the online forms to gauge readiness. Offline forms are good for familiarzation, but can gauge your readiness also. A person getting 30 or less is not ready.

the way they guesimated thier score was counted up all the correct answers out of 200 and multiply it by 4 (making it out of 800). I don't know if this is the way to do it or if each question on NBME is valued differently, then obviously the score would be different.

Yes, I think the forms are scored or weighted differently. Which adds to the mystery of the whole NBME scoring process grin I think they might have one of those talking witch hats like in Harry Potter to determine a person's scores. Or a trained chimp and a dart board grin

lol...edie..that's scary! shocked

hahahah EDIE...thats funny.sticking out tonguenod

grin U sure did good! All the Best, Happy waiting!sticking out tongue

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Wrote the exam today...
aaahh...ahh...wrote exam today!
Who wrote lippincott usmle sample test?
show Related resources

wiki test prep
Pediatrics - Pre Test

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact