Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

can I assign new PS, if a program ......  

• 0/5

Author19 Posts

Dear friends including bbb...

I just saw a program downloaded my documents today morning at around 11.00 am. I am surprised....on a sunday !

I just saw this when i went into eras to assign a new personal statement to all my programs?

so, is that all...can i now assign a new PS to that program or should i forget abt that program and assign a new PS to other programs that have not yet downloaded my stuff...

i am stressed out with all this..

anyways, ur replies awaited.

thanks

I think you can change/assign all the personal statements at any time, the problem is if a program has already downloaded it, that means that they will read the first ps you assigned to them and not the new one.. So if other programs have not downloaded your stuff yet I think it is about time to assign a new one...

GL

thanks mazinger

any time...

just do it wrote:
I just saw a program downloaded my documents today morning at around 11.00 am. I am surprised....on a sunday !

I just saw this when i went into eras to assign a new personal statement to all my programs?

so, is that all...can i now assign a new PS to that program or should i forget abt that program and assign a new PS to other programs that have not yet downloaded my stuff...

My guess is that someone in the IT department is downloading, unless the PD came in on the weekend to round. Assign the new PS. Chances are it hasn't been reviewed.

Dear bbb....

As you told I assigned the new one after deselecting the old one.

But, in my uploaded documents, i am seeing this meaasge " available but not yet retrieved" in front of both the old PS and the new PS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! does that mean all programs will get both of them and get confused. actually, both are same content-wise , except for few grammar corrections.

however, i can see in my "document assignments section" that new PS is assigned to programs.

what is the difference between a document's----- "assignment to a program" and "available to a program"

was i able to convey it properly to you .....dear bbb --Thanks for being with us, this match season.

does it mean once assigned , the program will surely get a PS & you can never take it back??!!

Edited by just do it on Sep 03, 2007 - 12:19 PM

I hope I could help you out my friend but I don't know the answer to that... I am guessing since you changed your PS it is available to download again by the program, hope it solves out dear friend

just do it wrote:
Dear bbb....

As you told I assigned the new one after deselecting the old one.

But, in my uploaded documents, i am seeing this meaasge " available but not yet retrieved" in front of both the old PS and the new PS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! does that mean all programs will get both of them and get confused.

i have the same problem! SUNY syracuse downloaded my application today and it shows that they downloaded Both my PS's...actually make that all THREE of my PS's (yes, i corrected two times!)

I think the program can only access to the ps you assign to it.

The other ps are still "available" meaning they are in the postoffice, you may assign them whenever you want. But they can't be seen by PD/PC if they are not assigned to the program.

That is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

i hope you are right zhaoju....but the problem is its showing 'downloaded' by the programs...moreover it even shows the time that the three were downloaded...they are a few minutes apart. confused

yes, they are downloading both the PS and i just can only hope and pray that the program coordinator takes the second one - the corrected version.

all my programs have 2 PS - the old one and the new one with those 2-3 grammar mistakes corrected. i think now there is nothing that we can do.

calling program coordinators to request to consider the second one.......i don't know if this would work out properly or piss off/annoy the busy PC.....so, as of now, i am doing nothing about this issue.

may be bbb...only knows the solution to this problem...hope she replies...

GL friends

I de-assigned a Personal Statement (or Letter of Recommendation), why was it sent?

When a document is assigned to a program to which you have already applied, you can no longer make changes to that specific document. The concept is the same as placing the document in the mailbox and mailing it, you would not be able to get it back. If you wish to assign another document in its place, then the program will download both documents. However, the new document will overwrite the old document. Depending on the length of time between the de-assigning of the old document and the reassigning of the new document, the program typically will not have access to the old document, unless, they have already printed a hard copy of that particular document.

If you want to make a change, you must de-assign the original document; create a new LoR record or personal statement, and assign the new document in place of the old document.

above is talen from era faqs. my ps had some mistakes so i corrected it twice so some of the program i applied first day have three ps from me. i dont know how is this gonna effect the whole process.

from the answer to above faq i think it wont hurt me more as most programs havent yet downloaded my applcation. so if the overwrite is gus then programs wont get three ps form me.

I dont think we can change the assign PS..

you can definately change ur PS........when u assign a new one.......it gets downloaded to the program and overwrites the old PS

so the program download both [or any no. of times] PS......but the new one autmatically rewrites the old one

so the program can have access to ur old PS in only 1 situation.....if they have already taken a print out.......i think its too early for that.........so chill folks

Dear All

Do not panic. I changed at the last minute (5.30am on Wednesday) and within a couple of hours one of the programs had downloaded my application and it appears that two personal statements were downloaded. I emailed the co-ordinator, who I happen to know, and she confirmed that only the latest one was received.

Hope this helps.

BDnod

appreciate the info people. glad to know its confirmed that the programs receive only the updated PS. otherwise it would look really bad...i was almost sure i blew any chances i had at all this year!!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

BBB:do I need email PC/PD after assign a new LOR?
De-assign Documents
how should i assign LORs?
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Home Study Program
NBME Self-Assessment Program
You pay only if you Pass

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact