Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

online study group in the eastern time zone  

• 0/5

Author5 Posts

Hi Fellows,
I am based in Pennsylvania and am looking to form an online study group essentially meant to quiz each other and motivate each other for step 1.I plan to take step 1 in 5-6 months from now and i guess a study group of roughly 6-8 people would be of great help in guiding me (and others in the group) towards that goal. The way i would like to see this group going is to meet online for an HOUR everyday at a specified time and quiz each other.
Showing off how much you know would be quite welcome....:-)The more you show off the better!!!, And in the process hopefully disseminate some of those precious pearls of wisdom too. Since i am pretty much working the whole day, i would like to form a group who would be able to make for exactly ONE hour at least towards the latter part of the day. I intend it to be a serious study group and would prefer people who are on the eastern time zone or one zone behind so that it doesnt become and inconvenience to each other....(I assume there are none living one time zone ahead!!!!)

The choosiness of forming the group is purely a matter of convenience rather than anything else.

I am slightly on the side of older age of things, so i might come accross as a bit of a stiff ass in the beginning...but im not that bad....:-)

Please let me know of your interest so that i can form this group and we can start hammering away at each other right away...:-)

People of all ages,gender,races and orientations are welcome as long as you are preparing for usmle step 1 and dont mind getting pummeled intellectually. I promise it ll be a fun trip and im sure you guys ll help me a lot too.

Thanks
regards
R

Hi Quantrum,

I am interesting about joining the group, please add me in. What I want suggest is that maybe we can set a rough plan which is what contents we should finish reading before we meet on line ( This maybe once a week). This can make everybody a kind of pressure to finish reading just like we have to finish homework or prepare a presentation and discuss more efficiently and make everybody study more actively. For everyday meet, just discuss Qs and learning experience or encourage each other. Maybe we can discuss this later after the study group set up.
My email address is:
[email protected]

Thanks a lot.

mle

im intrested also plz add me
my id is [email protected] yahoo.com

Dear MlE
I absoultely agree with you and i think having a rough plan as to where we are going shall be very helpful in acheiving that target. From all the things that i have sen about usmle....trying to know about as many questions as possible is probably the most important critical component.
I want us all to be as professional about this as possible so that the group is of real use to us.

I shall try to make up the list as soon as possible and make a mailing list though yahoogroups so that i can mail to the list.

I shall add you also to the group shahana.

Look forward to interacting with you guys

regards
Quantrum

Hi I'm in east coast too I'm living in New Jersey. I want to join your group. I'm now in microbiology. my email address [email protected] yahoo.com please include me on your list.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

sp morning( eastern time zone)
study partner in eastern tim zone
SP's in eastern zone
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Home Study Program
Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online
Premier Review Home Study Kit

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact