Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

PEDIATRIC PROGRAMS criteria for match  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

DEAR FRIENDS,

PLEASE START POSTING EMAILS FROM THE PROGRAMS YOU EMAILED ANS START PASTING THE EMAILS IN THIS POST AND HELP EACH OTHER.

WE HAVE 300 OR SO PROGRAMS IN THE MATCH FOR PEDS AND IF WE START POSTING THE CRITERIA WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER AND SAVE MONEY.

PLEASE DONOT THINK THAT WE ARE COMPETING.WE HAVE TO HELP EACH OTHER.WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT SCORES,VISAS AND SITUATIONS SO BY DOING THIS WE CAN SAVE MONEY ON APPLICATION PROCESS.

REMEMBER ONLY IF YOU GIVE YOU GET.SO LETS START POSTING THE PEDS CRITERIA STATE WISE.

PLEASE PUT ON THE TOP THE STATE AND THE PLACE SO THAT IT IS EASIER FOR EVERYBODY TO BROWSE.

IF YOU JUST POST THE NAME OF HOSPITAL THEN WE HAVE TO FIND WHERE THE HOSPITAL IS LOCATED.

SO PLEASE PUT ON THE TOP.

STATE: OKLOHOMA
CITY:OKLOHOMA CITY
HOSPITAL:UNIVERSITY OF OKLOHOMA ETC

AND THEN PASTE THE CRITERIA.

PLEASE WE GOT TO HELP EACH OTHER.ALL OF US CAN SAVE MONEY LIKE THIS.WE CANNOT SPEND 700-8000 DOLLAR ON APPLICATION.THERE IS SO LITTLE TIME LEFT AND WE NEED TO GET OUR CREDIT CARDS READY.

PLEASE JOIN THE THREAD AND CONTRIBUTE AND HELP EACH OTHER COME OUT OF THIS USMLE AND matching misery

Edited by Aashi on Jul 26, 2007 - 9:59 AM. : Pls DONOT type in ALL CAPS...reads the rules before posting

HERE I GO FOR THE FIRST PROGRAM.

STATE: Colorado
CITYgrinenver
PROGRAM:University of Colorado Program

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the University of Colorado Pediatric Residency Program located at The Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado.

All applicants must have completed and passed Steps 1 and 2 of the USMLE. (We do not accept COMLEX scores.) Although we do not have an absolute minimum board score requirement, applicants should be aware that this is a highly competitive program. All International Medical Graduates (IMG) must be certified by the Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), and obtain a J1 Visa. All applicants, U.S. and IMG, must have at least 6 months of clinical experience in an accredited U.S. or Canadian teaching hospital. This might include observation-only experiences in which the student participates only verbally in the care of patients because of local medical-legal issues, depending on the individual experience. Letters of recommendation from these clinical experiences are essential.

We will only be accepting applications through the ERAS system for the match and will not consider paper applications. Applications must be submitted by November 1st. We require 3 letters of recommendation, a Dean's letter, official transcripts from Medical School and USMLE scores to complete the application.

Once your application is complete, it will be reviewed and applicants who qualify for an interview will be notified by mid-November.

Program Requirements
ERAS-completed application, which includes:

Personal Statement

CV

Dean's Letter

USMLE Board Scores

Three Letters of Recommendation

Official Medical School Transcript

Thank you for your interest in our program.

For further information, please check our website at: http://www.uchsc.edu/peds/meded/residency/

For any additional information, please contact:

Medical Education Office
The Children's Hospital, B-158
1056 East 19th Avenue
Denver, Colorado 80218

(303) 861-6738 Denver Metro Area
E-mail: [email protected]

Thank you hawaii,
That was very informative. I havnt emailed the programs.
But let me start with a few of them in CA
1.UCSF -J1 Need US ce ,ptal
2.Lucile packard -Stanford -J1
3.Kaiser permanante - Oakland-J1
All of them need us ce ,Ptal, good scores.

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WHICH SHOULD BE ASKED:

1--WHAT ARE YOUR SCORE REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS?

2--WHAT IS THE GRADUATION YEAR CUTT OFF YOU ACCEPT IN YOUR PROGRAM??

3-DO YOU NEED ALL USMLE STEPS TO BE PASS AT FIRST ATTEMPT?

4-WHAT PERCENTAGE IS IMMIGRANTS IN YOUR PROGRAM?

5-DO YOU REQUIRE U.S CLINICAL EXPERIENCE FOR THE APPLICANTS??

6-WHAT KIND OF VISA DO YOU SPONSER??

I THINK THESE ARE THE MAIN QUESTIONS WHICH ANSWER MOST OF THE QUERIES ASKED BY IMG DOCS.SO PLEASE START EMAILING THE PROGRAMS AND HELP EACH OTHER.
REMEMBER THIS IS NOT COMPETITION WHO WILL GET RESIDENCY FIRST.WE WILL ALL END UP WHERE GOD INTENDS US TO GO.IF WE HAVE THOUGHTS OF NOT HELPING EACH OTHER ,THAT WILL NOT HELP US.

GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP OTHERS.
SO PLEASE START EMAILING STATEWISE AND START PUTTING THE CRITERIA IN THESE POSTS.
WE ALL NEED TO PAY FOR THE APPLICATION AND THEN INTERVIEWS.IT IS GOING TO COST ALOT FOR US.

THANKYOU ALL

look guys
the rquirements posted in residency progs websites are not absoulte
for example a friend of mine with 96/98 scores and one month of USCE got an IM call from University of new mexico though,on website,it is mentioned that at least 4 months are required for an IMG!!!!

another guy with double 99 and no USCE but with a year of experience in a US-recognized cancer center here and a couple of publications got an IV from ...guess......UNI of PENN

Thanks Hawaiii , very good detail informative re ped.

Hope everyone will post detail like u .

Q.. is the Colorado, Denver one also for H1 visa too or they r just J1 even they mention it is J1 , sometimes prg r flexible , also re 6 mo usce is only observer or any works in med related like PA , MA, etc to med tech , receptionest winkgrin
Are they IMG friendly ?? Since I kn someone in Denver [ non med ], so I do not mind b there that will saev my life since will have place to live & save money for that winknodsticking out tongue

I am still in my infancy of prep for exm , so will not catch u all this yr .
But if everyone into ped can post like the way u did that will b great, or at least some that's good too , then with big inflow of all post ped info re prg then ... we can request this to become sticky for us & future generation too nod

Keep it up all , I may check here again when my prep time permit .smiling face

Thank you hawaiii & all contributing here , I will do my share when I am into the match .nod

GL nodcoolnod

basic thing is score,if you have good scores, u might get calls with out significant USCE.Who have low scores need to fulfill all criteria

To ShweHope99.9998:

About Denver: I´m an IMG and also a peds intern in Denver. I have a J1 visa, after I matched I tried to get H-1, but it was not possible. Not because the program did not try to get it for me , but because the University primarily gives J-1 and only considers H-1 in very rare instances (like if you have a close relative applying for permanent resident status and you getting a J-1 would jeopardize that...not a very clear and fair reason, I know...but, things are good here anyway with either visa).

My US experience was only observerships...3 months of those were in Denver. The program is aware that getting hands on experience is difficult for IMGs and would consider you even if you only have observerships. I do not know about work in other medical fields as an advantage to be selected. To my knowledge, none of the residents right now, had that kind of experience. Several PhDs though!!! I believe they are open minded and see the whole package.

As for being IMG friendly, I would say yes, definitely. They have chosen at least one in every class in the last couple of years (of course, some years had none). You would not get the attitude you get from other University programs. But I would say academic and personal achievements are the only selection criteria...there is no quota or anything like that. This is a very competitive program, permanently regarded as one of the best in the U.S.. If you are a high profile applicant, feel confident and apply. They will seriously consider you, as they do with US graduates.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

pediatric neurology and pediatric psychiatry
Selection Criteria, Difficult Programs
ALL INTERNAL MEDICINE programs criteria
show Related resources

Match a Resident
Free Selection criteria of Residency Programs
Residency Match 101 Biggest Mistakes

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact