Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Dear BBB and forum elite I have a Q's  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Hello everyone, I thank you in advance for helping me on this one...I have edited the last message because I think it was a little confusing...

I find myself seeing that I am going to apply to residency programs for match 2008 only with step 1 score, since I plan to to step 2 ck in October, and CS is November.

Can I try to get a transitional year for this 2008 match (since I think it would be easier than getting a categorical with only step 1), and then after I finish it, could I re-apply for the 2009 match to other programs?

I am applying to IM/FM...........I have discarded OBGYN because of my back problem, but if my back doesn't hurt by the time of the applications I will only submit to FM and OBGYN.

So the bottom line....or to get to the point, my question is:

How does transitional years work??, after you complete your transitional year do you absolutely have to apply again through the MATCH to get into a residency and start a PGY1, or what do you do?, what are your options after a transitinal year??

BBB as a program coordinator, or anyone else who knows someone who is doing a transitional or if you are doing a transitional year, please tell me a little bit about how this works?

Thanks a million you guys and God bless.

Edited by yolanda on Jun 20, 2007 - 6:58 PM

it would be late for your ERAS application and late for your PTAL as u say... that means, your chances could decrease for this match obviously...

transitional year isn't that easy to get...

are you a US resident/citizen?

I'm just giving some ideas for others to continue the discussion or opinions regarding your case...

Edited by chemamr on Jun 20, 2007 - 7:10 PM

Hi chemamr,

Nop I am not a us citizen, I will need a J visa or Hib visa.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Junior, Senior, Elite,.....
Elite cars
Elite USMLE Step 2 CK tutor (283)
show Related resources

Digitaldoc's blog - USMLEtoMD
Pharmacology: Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews
Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact