Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Did not close about 6 cases.  

• 0/5

Author21 Posts

I'm scared to the core now. First I was ok but as soon as I started reading experiences, I got to know what a grave mistake I did. Did not discuss d/ds, workup plans and counselling in half of the cases.
Rest I think was perfect...draped, knocked, washed hands, showed empathy, perfect history , pt. note and stupid physical exam (which ate up all my closure time) to my knowledge. perfect management of challenging questions and I think I sort of counselled them during those challenging questions, might have told some work up and D/ds in them but I dont exctly remember.
But I just got to know how much important that counselling and d/ds, workup part was.
I'm sure I will fail. But is there ANYBODY who did pass after such a grave blunder?

p.s. I wish I hadnt checkd the forum. I was quite ok with my exam until I read the experiences here. Everybody seemed to have done a lot better than me and still think taht they might fail. I don't know why I was so confident and ok even after missing 6 cases close up...In those cases I said that I was being paged and I'll b with you shortly and then discuss all about your problem...But I was SOOOOO NICE to them....I hope I pass somehow.

Edited by girl^interrupted on Jun 20, 2007 - 9:17 PM

hi doctor,
i gave my exam 2 weeks and did similar mistakes that u did,
could not complete 3 cases and just totally messed up with one case.

i also wrote similar to this forum.
and now prayers can only help us out.

so lets pray togather and hope for the best

Please wait for your results before you come to the conclusion you have failed - i know this is easier said than donewink... the wait is horrendous...
This exam has room for a lot of mistakes... i didn't finish two cases and made quite a few mistakes on the others... i thought i failed and i didn't... if you have done many things well i don't think you are in danger of failing this exam...
smiling face

beyondusmle wrote:
hi doctor,
i gave my exam 2 weeks and did similar mistakes that u did,
could not complete 3 cases and just totally messed up with one case.

i also wrote similar to this forum.
and now prayers can only help us out.

so lets pray togather and hope for the best

I wud really love to see that previous post NEWBIE
raised eyebrowraised eyebrowraised eyebrowraised eyebrow

Thanks a lot for the hope.
I dont have time for tension now. Have to start step2 studies. So dont wanna mess up on that.
Hope I do pass ....

good luck girl^smiling face

how observant of you new and lost... allmost too observant... you are starting to scare me...grin

CocaCola wrote:
how observant of you new and lost... allmost too observant... you are starting to scare me...grin

gringringringringringrinnodnodnod

All Part Of The Job Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by new_n_lost on May 24, 2007 - 10:08 AM

yeah...nod I had not noticed it untill I read your post NNL. smiling facenod

gringringrin

smiling face

Hi,

Have not done CS yet. But as far as I study, councelling is big deal if case that need councelling for sure like abuse, depression etc.
You did close by saying, you've been page , that is good closing , I don't think you need detail DDx, Test plan in closing . Also Dx cannot/ allow to say for sure in the cases , I think , unless pt ask what could it be then you'll answer. Correct me if I am wrong.
But again just my 2 cents.
Also not only here , all webs , even the UW case , if to do all to closing, councelling as said , in reality , no time for good closing in detail to say DDx, Tests name with detail explaination councelling, if you've done good hx, answer pt's challanging, do good focus physical with all polite nice way & your case is complicated . Just mine & others practice experiences, not real exm yet.

We'll all pray for you & GL .

LORD!! can u seriously believe that??? I passed!!!
I was so sure these last 3 days spent in bed with a fever of 102...was so depressed!!!
Made a MAJOR mistake not closing , tellin d/ds, work up and not even counselling ...of any colon ca, depression and smoking case grin...
I'll def. call myself lucky...

Thank you Lord, though I did not deserve it.

wow, congratulations

thnx grin

congrats girl^!
you deserve your pass - they would not have given to you if you didn't!
so enjoy your passing another exam
and good luck in any future exams

smiling face

Cograts on passing .I know you must be Glad since its over.
May all the blessings and success be with you.
Well done and best of luck to your future endeavors

congratulations

congrats

Congratulation

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

I did it! I did it! I did it!
"did" s and "did not"s, opinions?
Not exactly Step 1, but close enough
show Related resources

Underground Clinical Vignettes: Pediatrics, Classic Clinical Cases for USMLE Step 2 and Clerkship Review
Pathology cases - Univ of Pittsburg
Blueprints Clinical Cases in Pediatrics

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact