Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

any FCVS users - please help  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

i'm filling in my fcvs online forms and came up with some doubts.

Does postgraduate education apply to education in the home country?

What supporting documents are to be sent?

Does it help to mention in advance the state board recipient of checked credentials?

It is unclear whether fcvs will check with the medical school directly or with ecfmg to verify medical education credentials. since ecfmg has already checked credentials once before issuing the ecfmg certificate, will the fsmb rely on that? i'm concerned because my med school wont post verified credentials (we students are asked to post the sealed envelop given to us), in fact its highly possible that the verification request will be unread unless i take some initiative in the matter.

anyone who has answers to these questions please help!

thanks,
seri

Hi seri, I´m exactly in the same situation u are..., it seems clear based on the following (from the previous post) that they will verify with ecfmg

http://www.fsmb.org/pdf/FCVS_eBulletin_March2007.pdf

what do u think?

hi,

thanks for the link. page 2 on the link seems to suggest that fcvs will rely on info provided by ecfmg (ecfmg verifies credentials before it issues the ecfmg certificate). so for a person who is ecfmg certified like me, looks like the fcvs will not contact the medical school directly. hope this is so..

does anyone else have a perspective to share? thanks in advance.

seri

Rigthnod, seems to be like that

Plz can u say wht all documents you posted for fcvs?

and at wht stage of matching application is it needed? like before /after matching?

Is it common for all states in USA/ is it state specific?

can u give me related links?

thanks

you can look for fcvs in www.fsmb.org. they offer you the option of applying for it with your step 3 application online. but you can apply later also.
after you have matched/ prematched the residency program asks to apply for a temporary license at the state medical board at which time you need your credentials verified either thru cvs online (ecfmg) or fcvs. the former serves as a one time verification, whereas fcvs stores the verified documents and when you need to renew license each year you can ask fcvs to send the verified documents, rather than ecfmg approaching your medical school all over again. its convenient.

still need answers about supporting documents. help, anyone?

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Q for USMLE CD users
Qs for Online Kaplan QBank users
SuperMemo users
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact