Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

imp q  

• 0/5

Author12 Posts

47. A 34 y/0 college of you has strep throht, he asked u to give him some sample antibiotics if you can because he is really busy and cannt see his physican. You response should be
1. “do you think its strep throat”
2. I m sorry you should see your physican
3. I will give you a AB until you see you physian
4. I will give penicillin for 10 day

i think b but i am not sure

dont know the ans but some one got it in exam

dont know if pharmacy professional can Rx medicine??but anyway b should be rt...

anyother input please

1. Normally in such questions the best strategy to answer is the question again.

Secondly, here you cannot give antibiotics to anyone just like that because in USA the doctors are very vigilent on curtailing antibiotic resistance and I remember reading somewhere that normally they do ASOT to confirm it before prescribing antibiotics. I think so, best you can do is to advise him to see a doctor. So, initially it could be the first choice to ask the person that how is he sure if he is having a strep and if he has a reasonable explaination then the answer would be second to see physician even if he is your colleague.

not sure but i choose B too.

well if thre was an option that stated that " examine the patient and then act accordingly" then giving AB would be ok
from these options I'd pick B

B

2. I m sorry you should see your physican <--- The pt has his OWN physician .. therefore BY ethics .... you cannot see another Physicians' pt ... unless the pt says he does'nt want that physician.. Iin this case he is just too busy to see HIS physician ... !! so therefore .. tell him to go to his own physician .... !!!

grin ofcourse go ahead and send him to see his primary care... each and every MD has a chart in a primary care office!!!!
Is always fun to look up such a chart !

if there was an option allowing examination first, followed by drug prescription, i'd go with that. but you certainly cannot dole out prescriptions empirically. so among the given options, B looks like the best, but it's not ideal to follow clinically

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

here is excellent list of diseases with imp. points
Info abt Oasis..Imp
which ecg,scan imp for step 2
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact