Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

distraught, exam in a month.. need help  

• 0/5

Author13 Posts

hi all,
i have my step2 in a months time... end of feb... i still have to finish second reading of the kaplan notes... have done more than half of the usmle world
but i just broke up with my boyfriend and its a terrible terrible time for me.... had to take 12 days off to go away.. but when i came back.. it was just heart break
i had been struggling with my personal life for the last 3 months.. but i thought i was more determined... i can pass through this phase
i.e. when the going gets tough the tough get going,
i am trying to concentrate... but it all just keeps coming back
am trying to give the usmle tests every day.. but its getting harder to concentrate
can anyone please tell me how i can get my head straight!!!!
i know i can do it... but dont know where to get the support from!!!
sad

hey lets see, i am feeling bad for you...its easy for us to say its okay, you'll get over it or we understand ...but really only you would know how you feel and how tough it maybe for you to concentrate. I just wanted to let you know we are all here for you...let it out of your system once in a while and you will feel better. Goodluck...

thank you very much ... i really want everything to work, the studies... relationships.. but sometimes its just all too overwhelming... but i wont give up easy!! or without a fight... i have made a pact with myself... work like crazy... worry about anything else after the exam.... i really appreciate the support

i have reorganised my thoughts and plan
still with the second reading of kaplan notes
plan to finish GIT and rheum today... from med and paeds
and well i have a few pending tests to review from UW
i was hoping to have 6 weeks to revise UW wrong qs but i gues 3 weeks will have to do now
lets hope i finish up the target for today
its now upto one day at a time
i know i can do it

trying to stay positive... finished second reading and uw.. one month to go... i believe i can do it

Yes you can! Keep up the good work. Pray too as you go along.
How's UW? Are you taking notes or you'll do 2nd revision by doing the q's again?
GL to you...

thanks!! i am praying!!!
well i finished uw today!! not did that well by my standards.. got 51 av...but i felt that there were so many qs that i could have gottnen right... and well had dips where i scored in 30s and a couple of tests on which i accidently stopped the test... all in all my range was from 43 to 61.. i guess mostly in 50s
i am planing to do a final reading in the next 15 days..along with crush and doing wrong qs from uw
i hope this is a good plan
only 20 days remaining
still skeptical about nbme...
after uw... my confidence is runing a little low
but lets see... tomorrow i start a marathon of 3rd and final revision...
next 15 days should be something
i sure hope they make a difference

i did take notes with uw... but i feel it would be more useful if i repeated the questions i got wrong

It's time consuming but it would be rewarding soon. Keep it up!!

i sure hope so!!
i am doing the wrong qs from uw and then revising the topics... meanwhile making the final notes for uw...
15 days to go
done with surger... derm, ent, eye third reading
in the middle of med and paeds
doing crush along with that
its just soooo much work
well not many days either
lets just seee
i am sill skeptical about doing nbme... with step 1 my confidence level just went down after doing nbme... this time i dont think i have time
the only thing is that i am not sure if i would have time to redo things even if i assess myself by giving those tests
its just not possible for me to extend the date of the test!!
well i think i'll pray harder.. and work harder smiling face keepin the faith!!!

medicine is surely taking up my time.... doing all the wrong questions with the respective topics... still left with GI, ID and haem
and have to finish them by tomorrow
well hopefully i will

6 days to go
done with the 3rd reading finally
feel a little bit confident
revised the wrong questions from uw too
exhausted after the last 3 weeks' hard effort
just few more days
plan to revise topics i usually make mistakes in

i did get around 51 in the first round of uw range from 43 to 61
while doing mistakes i was expecting lower but got around 72
hangin in there smiling face

good luck...u'll do itsmiling face

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Pariuri Esports în România
Pariuri Esports în România
need guide one month before exam, thanks
show Related resources

Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online
Exam Master USMLE Step 1
Kaplan 1-Day Step 2 CS Simulated Exam

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact