Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

My step3 diary  

• 0/5

Author27 Posts

Hi all,
Prep journal had helped me in completing all the steps. It was great help from all of you guys that helped me clear a big hurdle. Plan is to take step3 by feb first week
Starting step3 preparation today. Started with UW MCQS. Plan is to do 100qs a day.

finished git from UW.

Way to go nithu... good luck!!! cool

Thank you Isther, Heard u accepted prematch. Congrats.

Hi,
Doing 2 blocks per day from UW. still not seriously started CCS. will be doing it from next week.

Hi Nithu,

great to see you chugging along .......how are your scores for the UW .mine is pathetic..........sad.........do keep blogging here....

WR

still not finished UW. Dermat, oph,ent left.
Scores are OK, around 65 av. Range 65- 75.
Plan to start CCS seriously from monday onwards

Hey Nithu,

Hows it going...nod .......pls do keep blogging have u finished UW ......hope u r doin greatsmiling face.

Rgrds

WR

Hi,
Back to the schedule, didn't read whole weekend.Started reading again today

Hi, Nithu:
Can you tell me how many MCQs in UW Step3 in total? Are they much different from UW Step 2 CK?
Thank you

UW has 1300+ MCQs, questions pretty much like Step 2, but more specific and challenging and focus more on management.

silenced, M.D. wrote:
UW has 1300+ MCQs, questions pretty much like Step 2, but more specific and challenging and focus more on management.

Thank you for your quick reply!
I am doing UW Step 2 CK for USMLE Step 2 CK test now. Because I also plan to take MCCQE Part 1, which has CCS cases in it. So, it seems doing UW Step 3 will definitely help me both in MCQs and cases skill. Can you tell me whick materials are good for preparing Step 3?
Thank you!
Yu

Edited by yu on Jan 22, 2007 - 12:58 PM

yu wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply!
I am doing UW Step 2 CK for USMLE Step 2 CK test now. Because I also plan to take MCCQE Part 1, which has CCS cases in it. So, it seems doing UW Step 3 will definitely help me both in MCQs and cases skill. Can you tell me whick materials are good for preparing Step 3?
Thank you!
Yu

Crush Step 3 or Kaplan Step 2 notes.

Where are you from?

silenced, M.D. wrote:

Crush Step 3 or Kaplan Step 2 notes.

Where are you from?

China, now in Vancouver.

Still haven't finished UW.
Its more or less similiar to CK, but investigations vary according to settings.We need to chose the best option according to the clinical setting.

Hello.. it is late but joining in ur journal.

have done few cases of CCS and am left with 423 mcqs on Office block. finished the rest with score ranging b/w 50- 68%

planning to finish the remaining mcqs in timed mode tomorrow. Will do CCS practice tomorrow also along with some before the Day 2 of exam. In the mean time will practice the marked questions on UW and revise crush.

My exam is on 1st Feb

Hi moozy,
welcome to the forum.You are doing good.
Have u taken NBME?
I took in on sat - 460. I am not postponing the exam so as if now the plan is to take it on 5th and 6th.
Plan for next5 days
Revise Crush 40 pages + ccs- 18 cases perday.

Nithu, Thanks for ur reply. Iam sorry I couldnt thank u bfore.
I finished 250 q's in UW in tutor mode [ Peds, preventive med & psychiatry] n cumulative score is 73%.

My plan for remaining days -
UW 150 q x 7 days
CCS x 4 days

There is no time left for NBME or Crush.
Am I taking a risk? I dont have a choice.
Thanks for ur support.

hi ajohn,
73% is good score for UW.Don't worrry you will be fine. Try to take NBME, ATLEAST GO THRU THE QS discussed in the forums.

Finished IM from Crush.
Need to do atleast 18 ccs cases.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

My Diary...my path to 99
My Daily Diary
doc_2004: My own diary for an exam in feb
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact