Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Step 3 application q- help needed!  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Hello Guys,

I have just decided to apply for Step 3 and I am little confuse as to how this proccess works... confused
I am ECFMG certified and I am going for the match (I got interviews and visa but I might need to apply for H1-B at the end because my current visa is not so stable... If everything works out just fine I won't need an H1 -B but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry... wink )

OK, here are my questions:
In order to be eligible for H1-B one has to pass step 3, right?

Is there a deadline for passing the exam or it just has to happen prior to Jun or May when the visa application starts...

When you apply for Step3 I understand there is not any "eligibility period" like we had for step 1 and 2 so how do you get an exam date?

Someone mentioned a 105 day waiting period after you apply.. Is there any waiting after the application is sent off?

In short I guess I am wondering of someone could, please, explain the process for me. I tried to figure out the answers to these questions but I got totally confused after visiting the offical Step 3 website...

Your help and input is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mufurc

Hi mufurc,

1) Yes. If your employer is to sponsor your H1 he will require your Step3 results.
2) Most programs require you to give the exams before Jan 31 and results before rank order list deadline.
3) Eligibility period is three months starting from when you submitted application and was received by the FSMB.
4) Not more than 2-3 weeks.

Cheers! all the best

Thanks a lot Iamjee for your reply! It was very helpful indeed!
Good luck with the match !
Mufurc

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Step 3 Application help needed
USMLE APPLICATION REJECTED....What do I do now? Help needed
HELP NEEDED REGARDING THE APPLICATION
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact