Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Harvard South Shore, any IV experience?  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

Any input is welcome

this one is a doozy!  after this one, any iv is a piece of cake.  good luck.

I got one in January, 2005. There were two friendly interviewers who were very easy-going. They make a mark on a form (I guess they use it later to make the ranking process easier) The things is, they don't hide it from you and if you are curious enough, you see it.

Then there was this elegant, high-heels (how can she work without foot pain?), kind of nervous lady. She started testing me with a case of delirium I thing. I got even more nervous and didn't do too well. I felt she had no mercy. I am not perfect, but much of what I've been through I can use to relate better to other people. So what. I've been depressed at times. So what. My lowest point is still better than some other people's normal. I know many candidates are superior to me. So what, again. Nature gives each and everyone a gift so they can join the choir of life.

So you said cool doozy. I totally agree.

this is sooo funny.. about the high-heel interviewer with no mercy... it must be some standard trick at Harvard... I had the same experience during my neuro inteview at the MGH-BWH partners program... Current residents also mentioned the same phenomenon during their ivs... oh well, every program has their own unique way to screen candidates...

It's the kind of mix you can expect from any kind of medical school: we're supposed to be there to help others, but meanwhile, kick the competitors' asses... What a contradiction. I was in drama school too, and believe me, there's more love, learning and connectedness there. But I am not the one to smoke any pot so I said goodbye...

Edited by esmeralda on Apr 01, 2007 - 5:20 PM

my guess is this program is malignant. however it is ideal for an img who is interested in research.

No, it's actually pretty good and VERY IMG friendly. I had just a bit of bad luck. And it was also my fault because I stayed for too long outside clinical practice, and I couldn't asnwer as I should have. And I am so tight with my budget that I regretted ahving spent those 200 dollars to go there (half of my monthly income here in South America)

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Any1 interviewing at Harvard South shore
Harvard South Shore
plz share Jersey shore iv experience
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact