Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

 J1 Residency in medically underserved area (MUA)  

Post Reply  
  • 0/5
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Author2 Posts

A J-1 Visa Waiver waives the two year home residency requirement and allows a physician to stay in the country to practice in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) or Medically Underserved Area (MUA) if sponsored by an interested U.S. government agency. State government agencies may also sponsor J-1 physician waiver requests which are called Conrad State 30 programs.

I have a question based on above statement ,which is from a relaible source :
Can you count 3 years of residency program towards waiver if your residency program is located in medically underserved area?

Any expert opinions are welcome........


No - residency is educational.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

J1, waiver, fellowship, work in underserved??
Mua sản phẩm biển chức danh
Kinh nghiem mua camera hanh trinh
show Related resources

Free Selection criteria of Residency Programs
Iserson's Getting into a Residency
The IMGs Guide for USMLE and Residency

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact