Author73 Posts

Hi ppl I thought you might need some help for B1/B2 visa

make 2 files .
Academic file & financial file

Academic file must contain
1. DS156, 157, Passport, Visa interview letter
2. Degree/icc/Clock Hours/or a letter from dean in case you dont have degree
3. CS scheduling permit & confirmation of the date & visa letter sent by ECFMG
4. Step scores & if one of the scores isn't there then a proof that you have taken step1/2
5. CV
6. Any proof showing that u'll be doing research/observership/clerkship
7. Carry a health insurance document .. it helps them get convinced that you are responsible
8. You should be completely aware about your travel plans. in case he/she asks you where will you stay you should confidently answer Friend/Hotel/Relative.. You should also be certain how you will reach your place.. this was important for me. since I had three places to visit.

9. Carry a NOC if you are doing any job or JRship
10. Carry an itinerary of the booked flight(it's free of cost)

If they ask have you purchased flight tickets say no since you want to play safe.

Usually they ask girls that wether they'll get married there & settled for that say I have such brilliant scores.. my carreeer is pretty imp. I don't plan to settle unless I'm a post graduate.

They also ask y do you want to go to US... Say I'm keenly interested in Research & US is a kind of a place where prospects for research are really good. First I'll go & see wether I can stay in that kind of a setting or not(this is an explanation for observership.. if you don have that .. sorry)

they might even ask what are you future plns say I want to do residency but Want to return to India.. Show them that you are financially strong & want to have your own set up after return.
Also please visit www.immihelp.com it really helped me

Regarding financial file I'lll post more

Edited by priyagrove on Sep 24, 2007 - 9:11 AM

thanks

thanks priya.it was really nice.
did u apply from india and then in which consulate did u appear.
did u get multiple entry.
tell me what not to be done during the interview.
i have seen plenty of rejections in chennai/

thanks priya

antivirus1 wrote:
thanks priya.it was really nice.
did u apply from india and then in which consulate did u appear.
did u get multiple entry.
tell me what not to be done during the interview.
i have seen plenty of rejections in chennai/

HI!
Don't lie firstly in the interview! & try to have prooof of whatever you are going to say in the interview, for example you want to make it clear that you have a secure job in the state of your residence & you just want to visit US for a short period to take CS/to do observershipetc, then get a letter from your employer/boss/chief.
try to show that you have a secure background & you dont plan to settle there! the reason for doing an observership can be stated as to assess wether you can gel with US clinical settings or not, you are just giving it a try wether you can adjust yourself there or not! If the interviwer asks what if you like it then say yes I would like to apply for the residency then..
What I saw was people who had low USMLE scores were denied a visa in Delhi.
M interview was 15 min long.
I had 3 reasons to go
1. Step2 CS
2. observership
3. presentation.
So as to make sure that I get visa I asked the conference cordinator to send a letter on official letterhead stating that I need to be present to do the presentation. I carried a copy of my abstract too, so when I was asked more about research work/presentation I immediately handed out the abstract to him.

I cant think of more points .. ask me more, if you want!nod

Edited by priyagrove on Sep 24, 2007 - 9:12 AM

thanks priya.u know people from my area apply for delhi.we all know its illegal but then delhi gives visa easily.as far as observership is concerned,i heard that they offer only when we get ecfmg certified or atleast we shud have given cs.i tried my best to get one but ended in failure.so will u plz guide me as what best i can do so that i can get some observership even befor i go to the visa consulate.then the strong point that u had is the presentation which usually a common guy wont think.i shud say this was ur intelligent thinking.i dont know how u made it possible though.
hope i am not asking u much details.thanks for answering my questions patiently.

thx priya

antivirus1 wrote:
thanks priya.u know people from my area apply for delhi.we all know its illegal but then delhi gives visa easily.as far as observership is concerned,i heard that they offer only when we get ecfmg certified or atleast we shud have given cs.i tried my best to get one but ended in failure.so will u plz guide me as what best i can do so that i can get some observership even befor i go to the visa consulate.then the strong point that u had is the presentation which usually a common guy wont think.i shud say this was ur intelligent thinking.i dont know how u made it possible though.
hope i am not asking u much details.thanks for answering my questions patiently.

Hi U get observerships easily in Griffin hospital, CT . they are paid observerships but once u get a confirmation letter from them, you can use it for visa purpose later its upto you that u waNT TO PAY OR NOT.
Also when I applied for visa I had not taken step2CK/CS & they gave me visa there's nothing like that you have to be ECFMG certified for an observerhip... thats a myth... there are many places which offer you observerships without all that.

Edited by priyagrove on Sep 24, 2007 - 9:13 AM

Priya ji ...impressed

Just one qus....could you tell me some hospitals where i can apply for observership....... and how should i approach .I would prefer in columbia or Sanfransisco.....N how long you get observership and when can you ask for LOR ( after how many days )gringrin

dear medicnull

I'm sorry I have no idea about the areas you mentioned I did a self search, by writing e-mails to any & evry possible faculty memeber for an observership in the area of my interst... well you can ask for an LOR in 6-8 weeks time. Usually thats a good period to impress them, but mostly students/grads do an observership iof 4 weeks & they are given an LOR. But more time meANS

CONTINUED.....

more time means a better LOR!!
Also, I tried asking for a research for 2-3 months from the same person under whom I was doing an observership! So if you can spend 2-3 months under a person, you can surely gain a decent LOR

Oh!
I was thinkingto do observership for 2 weeks and then ask for LOR i did notknow that i have to for 4 weeks means lots of money would be needed to stay there ....
Anyways thanks for your help...if you could provide me the name of the places where i can get the name of cons...thT WOULD BE A GREAT MADAM....... grin

TO Priyagroove ,
Thanking u for sharing .ONE Qn ,in Griffin hospital ,for doing observership toefl score and health insurance are needed.how to get it .thanking u

hi priya I am anusha finished with my step 1 waiting for step 2 results can u send me the letter which was given to u for observership so that I can know the format to get it from some physician in us can u please mail me at [email protected] and what is cv

can u please send me ur email id please and thank you very much for such a nice guidence

raja2007 wrote:
TO Priyagroove ,
Thanking u for sharing .ONE Qn ,in Griffin hospital ,for doing observership toefl score and health insurance are needed.how to get it .thanking u

You can get health insurance from any Indian company for 1 month. & to take TOEFL exam just contact the Prometric center nearest to ur place & get a testing date scheduled after paying 7000 rs

thank u priya.could u post some ideas regarding financial documentation .how to produce a bank documentation as my parents deposited in different banks of same branch

raja2007 wrote:
thank u priya.could u post some ideas regarding financial documentation .how to produce a bank documentation as my parents deposited in different banks of same branch

Financial documents mainly include a report prepared by a chartered accountant which quotes the Liquid assets & the immovable assets of the sponsor/yourself if you are sponsoring yourself,
Liquid assets include,
Bank statements/ proof of bank accounts/ pay checks of the sponsor of last 6 months/ Proof of sanctioned study Loan if any
Immovable assets include proof of Properties owned by the sponsor & their value evaluation done by a CA, any shares, Pf's, etc etc.
You must include a letter from sponsor saying that he/she will bear the expense of your travel/studying/staying etc.

Mine financial documents weren't even looked at.. But yours may be so be prepared!! Ask memore if you have doubts!!nod

anusha wrote:
hi priya I am anusha finished with my step 1 waiting for step 2 results can u send me the letter which was given to u for observership so that I can know the format to get it from some physician in us can u please mail me at [email protected] and what is cv

Anusha I dont have that letter with me anymore But its very simple, just stating the purpose, i.e. He/she is allowed to do observership at so n so university/observership. he/she will be requiring a B1/B2 visa for the visit. that's it

A C.V. is a curriculum vitae that means resume... for more detail refer to a dictionary!wink

Hi! Thanks! nod
It was really helpful Priyagrove wink

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

CS visa - My Tips & FAQs
anesthesiology FAQs !
STEP 3 Preparation FAQs
show Related resources

U.S. Visa News

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact