Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

65 yrs od business tycoon  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

kerry packer, 65 years old business tycoonwas brought to the physician, by the neighbour. patient tells that he has difficulties in getting sleep ever since he suffered collossal loss of property 6 months ago.he gets up early in the morning and finds it more difficult to get back to bed. his appetitie over the past few months is decreased. he has told the doctor that he has lost some weight. he appears disheleved, malodorous, and avoids eye contact. he admitted to be a smoker for 25 years and consumed alcohol occassionally. does not enjoy sex, does not relish his favourite pass time chess anylonger , and does not go out at all. whas the most likely diagnosis , given the history?
a.sub-clinical depression.
b.major depressive disorder
c.acute stress disorder
d.brief psychosis
e.post traumatic stress disorder

e.post traumatic stress disorder

try again

well seems like adjustment disorder but thats not a choice; PTSD seems tempting but guy has all criteria of depression so i am not sure
go will Major Depression.
i am maybe wrong on this one :?

HE MIGHT JUST HAVE 'SUBCLINICAL DEPRESSION' COZ THE MAN IS NOT COMPLAINING OF LOW MOOD ..... WHICH IS ESSENTIAL FOR DIAGNOSIS OF MAJOR DEPRESSION.....BUT THEN HE DOES HAVE ANHEDONIA.....SO MAJOR DEPRESSION IS AGAIN A POSSIBILITY. I WOULD GO WITH MAJOR DEPRESION TOO.

A. subclinical depression

b.major depressive disorder

it is indeed major depressive disorder. subclinical depression does not stand a chance since all the symptoms are evident. and after all acute clinical depression is a clinical diagnosis. in this vignette hardly there is any ambiguity, it is a simple straight forward major depressive disorder. congrats loser girl and zaki!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

BILL GYTES , the business tycoon
bill gytes, the business tycoon
32 year od female with hemoptysis
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact