Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

PASSED CS IN LA  

• 0/5

Author10 Posts

HEY EVERYBODY,
I PASSED CS IN LA, TOOK IN JULY. GOT RESULT ON 11TH OF OCTOBER VIA OASIS & YESTERDAY BY POST.
DON'T REMEMBER MUCH BUT I WAS SHORT OF TIME ON EVERY CASE & STARTED MY COUNSELLING A LIL AFTER THE WARNING ANNOUNCEMENT THAT SAID THAT THERE WERE 5 MINS LEFT. SO I COULDN'T COMPLETE MY PHYSICAL EXAM ON ANY OF THE CASES. HOWEVER, WHEN I USED TO COME OUT I USED TO FIND EVERYBODY ELSE WRITING THEIR PATIENT NOTES WHICH KIND OF RELIEVED ME A LOT. I DIDN'T WASH HANDS ON FIRST CASE ( FORGOT ) . I STARTED WASHING HANDS FROM NXT CASE ONWARDS. I NOTICED THAT WASHING, DRYING, & WARMING OF HANDS TAKES A LOT OF TIME( DO IT YOURSELF TO BELEIVE ). SO 3RD CASE ONWARDS I PRETENDED TO WASH MY HANDS. PRESSED ON THE SOAP BOX LIGHTLY TO RELEASE THE SOAP & LET IT FALL ON FLOOR, OPENED THE TAP, MOTIONED AS IF I WAS WASHING BUT ACTUALLY I DIDN'T. I SIMPLY WETTED MY HANDS VERY LIL SIMPLY TO WIPE EM LATER WITH A TISSUE PAPER. THIS SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME. MY ADVISE, DO LIQORPFAAA & PAM HUGS FOSS & A COUPLE OF CASE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, ASK CAGE QUESTIONS IF DRINKS ALCOHOL. PREACH HIM/HER ABOUT SMOKING CESSATION & REGULAR MEDICATIONS etc. WHATEVER APPLICABLE DURING COUNSELLING. DON'T FORGET TO COMFORT THE PATIENT FOR EXAMPLE GIVE HIM A GLASS OF WATER IF COUGHS, HELP PATIENT SIT UP/LIE DOWN BLAH BLAH...MAINTAIN GOOD EYE CONTACT. cool STUDY WITH USMLEWORLD & FIRST AID( IF POSSIBLE ). EVERY CASE HAD A CHALLENGING QUESTION COMING RIGHT AFTER THE PHYSICAL. THEY ARE ALL THERE IN FIRST AID. DO THESE THINGS COZ THEY ARE SIMPLE TO REMEMBER & OBLIGATORY. U WON'T BE LEFT WITH ANY TIME FOR OTHER JUNK IF U DO THESE. I COULDN'T EVEN DO THE BASIC PHYSICAL EXAM COMPONENTS VIZ., THE HEART LUNG & ABDO EXAMS COZ OF THE WARNING BELLS. YES, WORK ON THE PATIENT NOTES WELL. FIRST AID TEACHES YOU WELL IN THAT REGARD. DON'T WRITE MORE THAN 2-3 DD's. WRITE DIAGNOSES IN ORDER OF DECREASING PROBABILITY.cool PRACTICE PRACTICE & PRACTICE. GET A GUINEA PIG FOR YOURSELF & PRACTICE. I'LL WELCOME QUERRIES.

Arpisriv77,

All case you got on the real exam were in FA or UW?
Thanks

Arpisriv77 wrote:

I PRETENDED TO WASH MY HANDS. PRESSED ON THE SOAP BOX LIGHTLY TO RELEASE THE SOAP & LET IT FALL ON FLOOR, OPENED THE TAP, MOTIONED AS IF I WAS WASHING BUT ACTUALLY I DIDN'T. I SIMPLY WETTED MY HANDS VERY LIL SIMPLY TO WIPE EM LATER WITH A TISSUE PAPER. THIS SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME.Thanks

This is a nice one!!! lol!!

catmd04 wrote:
Arpisriv77,

Thanks

In my experience, I only used First Aid. Some cases were in First Aid; others were similar; and there were some that were not, but use your common sense and you will be fine. Remember you don´t have to be perfect, but do things right.

Thanks Silenced, MD for your advice.

DOCTORS ,
I USED BOTH FA & UW SIMULTANEOUSLY. I AGAIN EMPHASISE THAT NO MATTER WHAT CASES U GET, U MUST DO LIQORPFAAA ( WHATEVER APPLIES TO THE CASE ) & PAM HUGS FOSS. ONCE U ARE DONE WITH THESE THERE WILL BE TIME ENOUGH TO ASK JUZ A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS THAT ARE CASE SPECIFIC. THEN PROCEED ON TO PHYSICAL EXAM. STOP PHYSICAL AS SOON AS THE BELL RINGS & START COUNSELLING. GO ON TILL THE FINISH BELL RINGS & THEN TAKE PATIENT'S LEAVE & EXIT THE ROOM. TIME IS UR ENEMY. SO PRACTICE AGAINST TIME. FOR catMD I WOULD SAY THAT START WITH UW, MASTER IT & BY THIS TIME U'LL DEVELOP ENOUGH COMMON SENSE TO TACKLE FA CASES OR ANY UNSEEN CASES.

ALL THE BEST .

HELLO New Posts | Options | Rules | Inbox [ 0 new ] Kaplan Medical, Amazon

Prep for USMLE Forum » USMLE STEP 2 CS Forum » USMLE Step 2 CS Exam Experiences

PASSED CS IN LA

[ Post Reply ]

E-mail Rate Save Subscribe
Author 6 Posts
ARPISRIV77
Forum Newbie

Topics: 1
Posted: Oct 17, 06 - 10:36 #1

HEY EVERYBODY,
I PASSED CS IN LA, TOOK IN JULY. GOT RESULT ON 11TH OF OCTOBER VIA OASIS & YESTERDAY BY POST.
DON'T REMEMBER MUCH BUT I WAS SHORT OF TIME ON EVERY CASE & STARTED MY COUNSELLING A LIL AFTER THE WARNING ANNOUNCEMENT THAT SAID THAT THERE WERE 5 MINS LEFT. SO I COULDN'T COMPLETE MY PHYSICAL EXAM ON ANY OF THE CASES. HOWEVER, WHEN I USED TO COME OUT I USED TO FIND EVERYBODY ELSE WRITING THEIR PATIENT NOTES WHICH KIND OF RELIEVED ME A LOT. I DIDN'T WASH HANDS ON FIRST CASE ( FORGOT ) . I STARTED WASHING HANDS FROM NXT CASE ONWARDS. I NOTICED THAT WASHING, DRYING, & WARMING OF HANDS TAKES A LOT OF TIME( DO IT YOURSELF TO BELEIVE ). SO 3RD CASE ONWARDS I PRETENDED TO WASH MY HANDS. PRESSED ON THE SOAP BOX LIGHTLY TO RELEASE THE SOAP & LET IT FALL ON FLOOR, OPENED THE TAP, MOTIONED AS IF I WAS WASHING BUT ACTUALLY I DIDN'T. I SIMPLY WETTED MY HANDS VERY LIL SIMPLY TO WIPE EM LATER WITH A TISSUE PAPER. THIS SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME. MY ADVISE, DO LIQORPFAAA & PAM HUGS FOSS & A COUPLE OF CASE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, ASK CAGE QUESTIONS IF DRINKS ALCOHOL. PREACH HIM/HER ABOUT SMOKING CESSATION & REGULAR MEDICATIONS etc. WHATEVER APPLICABLE DURING COUNSELLING. DON'T FORGET TO COMFORT THE PATIENT FOR EXAMPLE GIVE HIM A GLASS OF WATER IF COUGHS, HELP PATIENT SIT UP/LIE DOWN BLAH BLAH...MAINTAIN GOOD EYE CONTACT. STUDY WITH USMLEWORLD & FIRST AID( IF POSSIBLE ). EVERY CASE HAD A CHALLENGING QUESTION COMING RIGHT AFTER THE PHYSICAL. THEY ARE ALL THERE IN FIRST AID. DO THESE THINGS COZ THEY ARE SIMPLE TO REMEMBER & OBLIGATORY. U WON'T BE LEFT WITH ANY TIME FOR OTHER JUNK IF U DO THESE. I COULDN'T EVEN DO THE BASIC PHYSICAL EXAM COMPONENTS VIZ., THE HEART LUNG & ABDO EXAMS COZ OF THE WARNING BELLS. YES, WORK ON THE PATIENT NOTES WELL. FIRST AID TEACHES YOU WELL IN THAT REGARD. DON'T WRITE MORE THAN 2-3 DD's. WRITE DIAGNOSES IN ORDER OF DECREASING PROBABILITY. PRACTICE PRACTICE & PRACTICE. GET A GUINEA PIG FOR YOURSELF & PRACTICE. I'LL WELCOME QUERRIES.

catmd04
Forum Senior

Topics: 16
Posted: Oct 17, 06 - 11:05 #2

Arpisriv77,

Thanks

silenced, M.D.
Forum Junior

Topics: 10
Posted: Oct 17, 06 - 14:40 #3

Arpisriv77 wrote:

I PRETENDED TO WASH MY HANDS. PRESSED ON THE SOAP BOX LIGHTLY TO RELEASE THE SOAP & LET IT FALL ON FLOOR, OPENED THE TAP, MOTIONED AS IF I WAS WASHING BUT ACTUALLY I DIDN'T. I SIMPLY WETTED MY HANDS VERY LIL SIMPLY TO WIPE EM LATER WITH A TISSUE PAPER. THIS SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME.Thanks

This is a nice one!!! lol!!

silenced, M.D.
Forum Junior

Topics: 10
Posted: Oct 17, 06 - 14:43 #4

catmd04 wrote:
Arpisriv77,

Thanks

In my experience, I only used First Aid. Some cases were in First Aid; others were similar; and there were some that were not, but use your common sense and you will be fine. Remember you don´t have to be perfect, but do things right.

catmd04
Forum Senior

Topics: 16
Posted: Oct 17, 06 - 15:34 #5

Thanks Silenced, MD for your advice.

ARPISRIV77

HI,

COULD U PLEASE TELL ABOUT THE CHANGES THEY HAVE MADE TO PASS STEP 2 CS.
WHAT I CAME TO KNOW WAS THEY HAVE RAISED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMNTS TO PASS cs.

Arpisriv77, I got it. Thanks a looooooottttttttttttttttttt gringrin

well i had my exam few days back in LA...i was short of time in all cases,....when i came out every body was out,...but i focussed on the relevant systems but forgot few tests in some pts...but asked for consent on each n every step..did drapped pts..washed hands..did mmse...n tried to cover all systems in every case...didnt tell pts abut the medical term,s n diagnosis..but rather told them that i have list of diagnosis n when i will run these n these tests then will discuss with them abut the managment plan ..n they can ask any questions if they have any..n close all the encounters but still have that anxiety when i think of i missed this or that..what do u think how it was..

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Hoặc là nó tốt hơn
passed passed passed cs...
Passed CS, my CS experience,tips
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
NY CS PREP
Gold Step 2 CS Prep

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact