Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

psych test at jamaica hospital  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

anyone heard of the pysch test at jamaica hospital. if u take it and do well, are ur chances of getting an interview with them enhanced? they said they only offer interviews to people who come and take their test. is it tough?

is it HUMOR or RUMOR...whatever, I never heard abt it..and Jamaica doesn't sponsors visa too..

i dont need a visa. im us citizen. but i got an email from them today and called them . its for real. they only offer interviews to those who take test and do well.

lookin4residency wrote:
anyone heard of the pysch test at jamaica hospital. if u take it and do well, are ur chances of getting an interview with them enhanced? they said they only offer interviews to people who come and take their test. is it tough?

Jamaica has 4 residency places. They also have a 5 month externship program. 3 of the 4 places are given as prematches to people who successfully complete their externship program.

RE: The remaining 1 spot. They screen ERAS applicants and invite selcted applicants to take a written test. The highest scorers get real invitations and battle for that remaining spot.

Invitations for the written test were sent out yesterday.

Below are 2 Qs from their FAQs they sent me: For the complete list of FAQs see: https://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/41671[/url][/u]

3. Do we have minimum score criteria on the USMLE? Do we consider applicants who have more than one attempt?

We review all applications. There are no minimum requirements. USMLE results are considered, as are the results of the Jamaica Hospital Medical Center examination that is required for all applicants.

Note: It is required that applicants sit for this examination (only offered once in October) in order to be considered for an interview.

5. Do we participate in the N.R.M.P. (National Resident Matching Plan)?

Residency positions will not be listed with the N.R.M.P. The four (4) positions will be non-match positions.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

anyone sitting for the jamaica hospital psych exam
jamaica psych interviews?
Psychiatry in Jamaica Hospital - one big joke
show Related resources

wiki test prep
Pediatrics - Pre Test
Blog on How to Get Psych Residency

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact