Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Help needed in Miami Beach, Florida  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

Hi guys, I am going to Miami Beach, Florida for a month of mini residency program in November. Do any of you have any idea how to go about finding an accomodation for a month in this super expensive area. It is close to the South Beach. I am ready to be a roommate to someone who is already there. I am a female Indian physician and would like to stay with someone who is a female and non-smoker. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have already tried craigslist, rent.com, apartment.com, sulekha.com and eknazar.com. Thanks.smiling face

Try Harrisons hotel on 4th street and 3 blocks from the beach. It is 800$ a month. buy a bus pass for a month for 75$. u do not need a car there. there is one more hotel at 41st or 39th by the river 2 blocks from the beach. it 800$. it has a microwave. neither of these are that great. i prefer harrison's since it is closer to all the amazing nitelife. u r walking distance from the cleavlander and opium. last call is around 5 am. the first one is closer to the hospital and it has a microwave but a lot of pimps, hookers and potheads. i have seen a few places for 1200$ a month that maybe slightly better. if u r looking for cheaper rates check out craigslist.

sga430 wrote:
Try Harrisons hotel on 4th street and 3 blocks from the beach. It is 800$ a month. buy a bus pass for a month for 75$. u do not need a car there. there is one more hotel at 41st or 39th by the river 2 blocks from the beach. it 800$. it has a microwave. neither of these are that great. i prefer harrison's since it is closer to all the amazing nitelife. u r walking distance from the cleavlander and opium. last call is around 5 am. the first one is closer to the hospital and it has a microwave but a lot of pimps, hookers and potheads. i have seen a few places for 1200$ a month that maybe slightly better. if u r looking for cheaper rates check out craigslist.

sorry. the one near 41st street is 750 a month. it is slightly bigger but a/c makes a lot of noise. also neither has internet but i think miami beach by now maybe offering free wireless all over the beach.

also for cheap eats check out pizza rustica. there also a lot of other great deals. check out that free entertainment weekly at the bus stops. check out lincoln rd for shopping and eating and ocean st for all the bars.

i am doing another USCE in beverly hills and i still miss south beach. travel channel has consistently rated amongst the top beaches in america. too bad you are going off season.

HI, I am an argentinian doctor trying to get an USCE for next year.

How did you get yours, in which hospital and how much did it cost you? I am trying to contact some hospitals but I havent had any luck yet.

Does it has to be for a month or can you stay more?

Thanks in advance... sorry for so many questions but I am quite lost about this!!!

What is a Mini Residency like?

hi sga430!!

i m living in california, on a tourist visa at the moment... i would like to know where in beverly hills is it possible to get usce? is it possible on a b1/b2 visa? thanks smiling face

hi sga 430, you hav recommended Harrisons hotel in miami forida,so it costs 800 per month,is that for one person ?how many persons can stay in in that hotel room??i think 800 only for accomadation for one person is costly...

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Help needed in miami beach, Florida
study partner in miami beach/miami
study partner in west palm beach, florida
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact