Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

time to be serious  

• 0/5

Author76 Posts

have to go at the rate of 100 per day tomorrow onwards..

hi studying ....are u done with ur kap notes..if yes how many readings did u give...presently u are doing only ques or revising ur kaplan ...thanku

bad bad headache!! just 4 hours of sleep yesterday..trying to get some pace at UW...

ethics im a fresh grad and recently took step 1..hence i tot to do away with first read as i was too slow..i'm doing dvds instead...cardio, neuro id rate a s better ones. ive done bits of emergency med, the whole of GI and some surgery...

i feel if i do uw earlier, ill have time to revise explanations and realise the worth of kaplan..during th efirstread, one duz not realise the significance of those brief notes..and u hardly retain best initial step, next step, etc without doing Qs..

i'll go make some tea, and try to do more uw..with Allah's name i begin ...

Edited by study_ing on Sep 11, 2006 - 2:06 PM

hey study_ing, you are doing well. take a rest so your brain will be refreshed in order to take in maximally. you are so brainy. dont worry your mind about your apparent lack of progress. i can see you are making giant steps forward. i am practically running after you. i look forward to the day you are just one stride ahead of me even though icannot catch up with you grin

ya agree with tolito
studying u are such a nice person ready to help everyone...reading ur posts and the way u study ..made me big fan of u....all the best
i think u got a good score in step1 and instep2..wish u 99

thanx a lot ppl..with such lovely stuff to read in my journal, i think i shud get a headache everyday..off to bed..

may Allah help us all .

good luck

smiling face

studying you are very funny too.only case where headache make one funny.well sunday night i din't slept at all,i was so tensed,i just turned to and fron like a 4 month old but din't get sleep.

well im not kiddinghere but here's what i do..

i request someone in th ehouse to check after 1 hour to turn off the computor

or put an alarm..

then i put on any DVD at random..

now i try to listen intently..

if i dont fall asleep, im not wasting time..

if i did, try to remember from step 1 that memory pathways are consolidated in sleep

no way u lose !!

change of stratergy..

somehow even kapla's few pages take soo long..wil refer to the books i had studied the topic from when in final year..and refer to kaplan in the end..

actually i feel im lagging behind..

well UW here i come again smiling face

hey studying ,how many q's r left with in UW,u have been dong cince aug i guess, just did 4 blocks,i am feelng so impatient,i am not reading expl care fully,really hurrying,i am able to do 1 block per day, haven't touched kapln since 1 week since i started UW,is this ok.my score is late 50's. want to take exam in oct end.

well dont compromise on explanations..thats y i got around loads to do now..the point is u wil not get the same qs in th eexam..u need to figure out the approach to qs...what u cud do is omit writing details of stuff u know will be fopund in books..eg types of strokes, or types of anemia, coz they r found in ur books..i havnt touched kaplan too..but i dont think a read of kaplan without qs is as useful...try doing cardio dvds and then do the cardio qs..u'll be faster then

GL..

well dont compromise on explanations..thats y i got around loads to do now..the point is u wil not get the same qs in th eexam..u need to figure out the approach to qs...what u cud do is omit writing details of stuff u know will be fopund in books..eg types of strokes, or types of anemia, coz they r found in ur books..i havnt touched kaplan too..but i dont think a read of kaplan without qs is as useful...try doing cardio dvds and then do the cardio qs..u'll be faster then

GL..

thanks studying.i will try your suggestio i haven't taken down any note till now.

well im struggling to keep pace..atleast try to take notes in Qs with info u know will not be there in the books..or will be easier given in UW than other resources...eg preventive medicine...perhaps u cud note down the influenza recommendations, but writing the CHD risk factors in detail..

if u still find that overwhelming, atleast read over the explanations well..

i plan to take tests on wrong or flagged items and depending on that will seee if i need to extend my subscription or not..

hi studying,can u tell me how 2 distinguish between inferior wall m.i and unstable angina b4 d cardiac enzymes are elevated.........thanx

MI vs angina= cardiac Es

important point is to look for ST elevation.
  • if a pt has stable angina, mx is different.
  • unstable angina or NSTEM ( non ST elevation MI) are treated the SAME
  • STEMI is treated differently ( REPERFUSION REQD--thrombolytics or MI)

if its asked in a q, ( MI vs angina without Es) .do lemme know..but wil post if i find sumthing

uw question...post wall m.i hence st inversion in ant leads..patient presents withn 2 hrs so can u rely on cardiac enzymes.......can b negative in both/

of course ..its more likely to be negative as its way too early..

i think 4-6hrs is the usual time for trops to rise...however , plz remeber that mangemnet wise , its not an important issue..can u give me th eq id..i'll check on what they r asking

the weekend...gotta really put some sweat in..UW here i come

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

What's Is the Best Time and the Latest Time..
Registration with ECFMG: one time or each time?
One day at a time, One step at time
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact