Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Q..  

• 0/5

Author8 Posts

Pregnant woman with carpal tunnel Sd (BILATERAL¡¡¡¡¡¡¡)
management???
- Splints
- Endoscopic surgery
- Corticoid injection

I would say endoscopic surgery.

I think splints as the condition is temporaryy will subside soon

ya splint will do

well I think is bilateral corticoid injection, cause you dont want a pregnant woman with a bilateral splint, what about her daily, if it is unilateral will go for that option. Surgery.....mmmmmm, think not, cause is invasive, i know injection too but is less invasive,the 3 are good options but the most accurate to choose is corticoid injection. Comments??

CORTICOSTEROIDS IN PREGNANCY ?

The do u use to trat treat this condition is not high to make a fetal damage
Usage in pregnancy: Since adequate human reproduction studies have not been done with corticosteroids, the use of these drugs in pregnancy, nursing mothers or women of childbearing potential requires that the possible benefits of the drug be weighed against the potential hazards to the mother and embryo or fetus. Infants born of mothers who have received substantial doses of corticosteroids during pregnancy, should be carefully observed for signs of hypoadrenalism.
As you read, you will use a low dosage

The do u use to trat treat this condition is not high to make a fetal damage
Usage in pregnancy: Since adequate human reproduction studies have not been done with corticosteroids, the use of these drugs in pregnancy, nursing mothers or women of childbearing potential requires that the possible benefits of the drug be weighed against the potential hazards to the mother and embryo or fetus. Infants born of mothers who have received substantial doses of corticosteroids during pregnancy, should be carefully observed for signs of hypoadrenalism.
As you read, you will use a low dosage

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact