Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Genetics, genetics, to be or not to be!  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Hello!!!

I would ask some kind soul to recommend me a fair source for genetics, cell biology and molecular biology.

I have, as I said in some of previous posts, Lippincott Biochemistry, but in QBank I don't score well in those areas.

I'm thinking about HY Cell and Molecular Biology by Dudek, but it is kind a old book (1999), so I wonder if it is a problem.

I also saw in tolito's post something about Medical Genetics by Jorde, and there is 3rd edition(2005), but it is kind a large book (363 pages)

I wonder if HY + Lipp.Biochem is enough for Step 1, or it is better to go with Medical Genetics?

Thanks in advance!

Dan i would suggest that u would find Kaplan book enough for both the Topics if u couple it with the Audio lectures or DVDs Lectures

exactly !! remember to do the genetics dvds and the biochem dvds on the relevant opics ( eg RFLPs) before hunting for additional sources...molecular bio was a definite problem though...perhaps going over the wrong q bank questions, and a more recent source wud help...

Thak you very much for your answers!

I'll buy Medical Genetics, because here in Eastern Europe it is hard for me to obtain DVDs you are talking about...

But thank you for your advice. I was thinking about trying my odds only with Lippincott's Biochem 3rd Edition, but as I can see that kind of gambling is not wise. I'll read sections from that huge book that are weak after QBAnk testing in Mol.Biol.

Best regards!!!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

not easy not tought
Do not send two-sided copies. Do not staple. ????
I failed the test, not its not spam
show Related resources

Biochemistry & Genetics: PreTest Self-Assessment & Review
Medical Genetics
Elsevier's Integrated Genetics

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact