Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

The best Genetics Book  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

Hello All

Any one knows which the best book to review genetics? I just scored 73 and genetics is one of my weak areas. I used kaplan before and apparently it's not enough! any help please?

Thank you

besides 'Kaplan Lecture Notes: Biochemistry & Genetics', I also have read 'Thompson & Thompson Genetics in Medicine', by Nussbaum, 6th updated ed. 2004, 444p. and have got right-hand asterisk in genetics on my step 1 score report (this means highest performance) - but I think it may be too detailed for step 1 review.
more concise book is 'Medical Genetics', by Jorde, 3rd updated ed. 2005. 384p. - Dr. Jorde is also the author of the genetics part of 'Kaplan Lecture Notes: Biochemistry & Genetics', so these 2 books have the same style, but 'Medical Genetics' is much more detailed.

Edited by p53 on May 22, 2006 - 5:49 AM

Thank you very much

definitely kaplan lecture notes

have u listened to the genetics videos...the guy goes slow but especially when it cums to equations he duz a good job. try posting ur conceptual difficulties and we'll help. also listen to the relevant biochem videos for RFLPS extra. i think in the long run it will be less work than an another book.

good luck

high yield

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

molecular bio book? genetics book?
Genetics, genetics, to be or not to be!
genetics which book
show Related resources

Conrad Fischer's Internal Medicine Question Book
Biochemistry & Genetics: PreTest Self-Assessment & Review
Medical Genetics

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact