Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

My step 2 diary  

• 0/5

Author145 Posts

Hi guys, how r u doing all. I was doing IM now n I'm sort of slow last week. so started doin que frm UW. It's really good. I'm doin it in random and timed mode. my score is in low 50's now. started doin with 50 que each day n slowly wanted to increase the no.

Heyy nithu, most ppl use UW as a learning tool. Read each and every explanation even for the right que and I'm sure that by reading all explanations ur score will increase eventually. Take my word.

Hi anne06, good to see u here. when r u giving ur exam? i think the cd que are same as in q bank. if u have done all the que frm cd u can chk it frm kaptest.com where they have some sample que. may be u can id the que there frm wht u have done.

well, my plan for today n tomorrow is to complete GI, endo n 2 blocks of UW!!

Happy studying all.

hi som, anne
I finished 40 more qs from UW, rheumat - 57%. Even i am using it as learning tool.As u guys have told explanations given UW is very good.I have kept a notebook for UW, hoping to revise the notes in between.Its 8.30 pm.I haven't read my kap notes today,planning to finish 50 pages of paeds and will do uw qs tomorrow.

only 46 qts hepat done 2dy ..got 70% first time on uw..have just spent 2 hrs talkn on d fone..god grant me some wisdomsmiling face

Good job anne, you must be really well read.70 is great score in UW.
I started surgery, finished readiing kaplan notes, started UW qs, finished 1 block of 38, scored only 52%.Going to start the next block , planning to do 46 q in this block.
I think i will have more idea once i finish my 2nd reading.
Som, how r u ? Its good to do random qs, thats the ideal thing, but i am not that prepared, may be i will do it random with my 2nd revision of UW.

another 70% ,hepat is over..hey nithu my scores really fluctuate all d time..have 2 finis cardio now...

Hi,
Finished surgery kaplan notes + UW.Mostly scoring low 50s.1 block more of surgery left in UW.Plan is to finish that and start psych/paeds.

gr8 nithu,good work with surg..i am havn a tough time with cardio..not even done 1/4th of it yet..
hi som,hows it goin?thanx 4 ur advise abt d kaplan c.d..my exam is on sep 19..urs?

finished surgery, started psych read the epidemiology + 10 chapts of psych part from kaplan.Now going to do the psych qs from UW.
Total 146 q in UW, plan to finish 2 blocks today
Tomorrow i will finish biostatistics and rest of psych + biostatistic and 1 block of psych

Hi nithy & anne06. Just came back from prometric and don't know what happened in there...jeje. You are doing great and helped me a lor during my preparation, wish you all the best and hope to see you soon in the match forum... smiling face

Hi,

Done with endo n rheumat. haven't done any que frm UW past 3 days. As we had guests at home for the long weekend cudn't open my books till today. I hope I can get the max time to study frm this weekend. plan is to do emerg med + nephro+ 2 blocks UW. I'll be back again with my scores.

Nithu n Anne, U guys are a real inspiration to me to read. U all are doing a great job. hey, nithu how r ur UW scores? how long is it taking for u to complete a block with explanations? I'm taking like 4 to 5 hrs jus for the explanations 'cos i think i'm using most of this time for writing all the stuff in the notes. I'm scared tht if i go at this pace i'll not be able to complete doing que by the time i go to exam.

Hi som,
Great to hear from, even i am taking a long time to do the explanations, my scores are still in low 50s.I really want to increase my pace.
I am not getting time to do the q, i read the kaplan notes in the morning when my son is in the daycare that is from 9-5, when i sit to do q in the night after 10 i am so tired and not getting strength to concentrate and each block is taking 3-4 hours. I don't know what to do, may be after my 2nd read i will start doing qs in the morning.Did try to finish psych from kaplan, q are still pending.

Hi Som, Nithu,

If writing notes is taking a long time ,u could try typing(if ur typing skills are reasonable) using the annotation feature as u keep doing each question.It saved me the trouble from having what I write in a note book independent of the questions and explanations in UW. keeps the whole thing compact and easy to refer.

All the best with ur studies.

hi finisd one block of rheumat since morn..52%..happy stdn all..

Hi
Not able to finish my qs , same problem in the night.I think i should change my pattern.
Kris,
Thank you so much for ur advice, i will try it.
Som,
Have u finished nephro, emergen med?
Anne , u r doing a great job.How many times have u read kaplan before u started UW? How many hours do u study? Just wanted to change my schedule, hope i am not bothering u much with all stupid qs

Hi,

done with emerg med n 1 block of UW. I'm not happy with the score in tis block of UW. All que appeared tht I know them and at the end I thought I did well. And when I looked at the score...phew...what's wrong..I was totally surprised. Then I was reviewing the que I cudn't beleive at the silly mistakes I did...basically wht I learnt frm this test is tht I have to pay more atention to the que...for eg: I was doing this que frm GI...where the pt presents with symptoms mostly suggestive of acute panreatitis but the answer is eso perforation...clue is he underwent upper gi endo n i over looked tht...so guys be careful while reading the que...we have imp clues hidden in the que stem.

nithu, I know it's very hard to study with kid at home...but u r doing a gud job frm ur side. keep this spirit alive until u complete all these exams. I think u can do more que at night like 2 or 3 blocks instead of one n do the explanations in the morn if tht works for u. For now I'm doing one blok in the eve n doing the explanations in the night but i think I want to do the other way. As this also allows us to deal with those last block of que in the real exams.

kris, U r doing gr8. I hope I can be as systematic as U. thank you for the advise.

now proceeding with nephro. Happy studying all!!!

hi,
did rheumat theory...40 qts still left...
nithu i do qts in d mornin and theory in d evnin 4 around 4 hrs..and i think u are doin a great job..u sure will have a real gud result..
som i think ur idea is gud abt solvn qts in d evnin right now i am doin qts in tutor mode..but if i have time 2 do d qts a 2nd time i will do them as u suggest..hey how r ur scores like?
kris i read d quote by plastc girl too.its really inspirational..gud luck with ur prep..have u given step 1?

Hi Anne, I have completed Step 1.My score is 89/220.

MED LOGBK..
HP-RHEUMAT
KAPLAN-PM,G.I.T,RHEUMAT,
UW-INFS DS,HEPAT,pm,rheumat
PRETEST-

Edited by anne06 on Jul 10, 2006 - 1:23 PM

still doing paeds 2nd reading + UW biostatisstics.
Plan
paeds kaplan 50 pages
UW 2 blocks of paeds

half surg 2 b done

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

My Diary...my path to 99
My Step 1 (After Step 2) Diary
MY STEP 2 e-DIARY
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact