Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Q  

• 0/5

Author12 Posts

You are counselling a 64-year-old woman who is concerned about her husband's increasing disinterest in sexual activity. Which one of the following statements about sexual function is correct? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1) Age impairs sexual capacity equally in men and women.

2) Women remain clitorically responsive throughout their lifespan.

3) Decreased sexual activity occurs as men age even though androgen levels remain stable.

4) Most antihypertensive drugs will increase erectile function by promoting vasodilation.

5) Thresholds for male sexual arousal are unchanged with age.

2 ??

Women love clitorically stimulation and they can do it with a vibrator and also with their partners.(ONLY IN AMERICA)

I was in another column which mentions aging actually causes the nerve in the clitorus to degenerate as a woman get older

B ?

Interesting question but I never learn much in medical school but actually learn a whole lot in the internet about this kind of questions.

I can't find any information in any medical textbook about SEX and AGING !! LOL

2 ?? the others seem wrong. i choose this as the answer as i excluded the others as possible answers.

i got it down to 1 or 2, i think my final vote is for 1

Male menopause is still not 100% accepted in the medical community.

So how can 1 be right.

The aging process affects men and women in a totally different ways.

It is easily to know this because women have menopause and also withdrawal of estrogen, increased LH and FSH.

But research in male menopause have not been widely accepted by the medical communtiy.

So there are not enough research data to doucment how is aging affects men and women equally.

Women sexual capacity does not change as much as the male. It depends greatly on their partner's capacity.

Hi
as most of u come to 1 and 2 even iam with 1 and 2, but cant differentiate both.
One thing i can say, menopause doesnt mean lack of sexual interest.
I even read in books that women have greater interest in sex at perimenopause.

close call...lets wait i pick 2

Edited by docofthebigapple on Jul 07, 2006 - 3:14 PM

b

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact